Like Tree15Likes

Are trainer butterfly knives legal in hk?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

welcome to HK police lmao. Theyre trigger happy doing these stuff. Oh you carry a bow with you? arrested without question

rs4 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    You compare spinning a harmless blade-shaped object to actual drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma321321:
    do you wear Burberry when sporting these knives or are you a pants half way down the legs kind of muppet?

have you seen any videos of people flipping butterfly knives like crazy? They are very cool and is also fun to do it. It feels very satisfying to do tricks with the knife. Its like fidget spinners but actually fun and challenging.
    You could say the same about yoyo tricks, only IMO yoyo tricks look a lot more versatile, and don't carry the risk of injury or arrest, or make other people nearby feel uncomfortable.

Is this an oxymoron, or are there 'butterfly knives' in common use that have dull blades?
    hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    You could say the same about yoyo tricks, only IMO yoyo tricks look a lot more versatile, and don't carry the risk of injury or arrest, or make other people nearby feel uncomfortable.

Is this an oxymoron, or are there 'butterfly knives' in common use that have dull blades?
    Yes there are trainers. Trainers are blunt and harmless and are made solely for the tricks. There hardly is anyone using live blades to do tricks as everyone is scared of injuries
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    do you wear Burberry when sporting these knives or are you a pants half way down the legs kind of muppet?

Why would you need to sport the knife? No one brings it out cause they all know how unreasonable hk police is. They all keep it at home obviously. Also there isn't even a need to bring it out? You don't need a ton of space to do tricks

have you seen any videos of people flipping butterfly knives like crazy? They are very cool and is also fun to do it. It feels very satisfying to do tricks with the knife. Its like fidget spinners but actually fun and challenging.
    Like I said, sounds cool for a twelve year old. I had one myself back in the day. All kids in the area had butterfly/flick knives.

Then I grew up.
    ByeByeEngland and hike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Like I said, sounds cool for a twelve year old. I had one myself back in the day. All kids in the area had butterfly/flick knives.

Then I grew up.
    Didn't stop you playing Pokemon Go and reading Harry Potter books

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:

Then I grew up.
    Come to think of it, same here. I played with one around the beginning of high school. Ended up deciding fairly shortly after that pocket knives have far more utility- still use one for slightly more involved outdoor trips outside of HK.

Never developed any appreciation for Leatherman-style tools. Simply too heavy for the rarely used pliers function.
    hike likes this.