Like Tree5Likes

Contemplating moving from SH to Hong Kong - few questions regarding pup

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_ShanAiDe:
    Yeah I'm hesitant regarding the 4 month quarantine, its a horrific length of time.

I don't know whether I should feel personally attacked over the FISH ha, if in means Failed in Shanghai as the other poster alluded to.

Big lol at that. Have a law degree and need to get back to a nice common law jurisdiction

I'm Irish, I already considered that, I can export my dog to ireland directly with no quarantine as long as her health certs are in order, and Ireland is a Group 1 country, so will allown for direct importing to HK after. Only issue with this is there are no direct flights from China to Ireland at the moment due to the pandemic, and I'm not sure whether i'll be able to go to Ireland and then fly myself to HK for the Job.

Yeah Im considering sending her back to ireland, letting her spend 6 months in the countryside with my parents and then flying her back to HK, or maybe leaving her with the family in Ireland, at least that way she's never in quarantine.
    keep your chin up. Grow out a beard and have your shirts tailor made with monogrammed cuffs and you will have the local ladies lining up for your dog in no time.

Having thick skin will get you everywhere in life.
    NateM likes this.

Agreed with TKO area. TKO is very pets friendly place.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket:
    DTT's offices are at Pacific Place (Admiralty MTR station) which is linked with the MTR so you'd have easy commute to the office. If you're staying on HK Island, it's really not a long commute if you're taking the MTR. Southeast side could be good. You could also consider Tsuen Kwan O or Tiu Keng Leng (Purple line for the MTR) which are just on the Kowloon side but good connection to HK island and the MTR. You might find a bigger place there compared to HK island. Checkout HK MTR map online to have an idea on the Purple and Blue (HK Island) MTR lines. Pet policies differ, depending on the housing complex and your landlord. Stricter than SH for sure. Assuming you're joining at Senior 3 or Manager 1 level, for which the salary is OKayish. Not the best, but if there's scope for growth, you can consider it. Enough for a single person to live in HK.