Like Tree13Likes

Where to Live? Work near Lingnan University (between Tuen-Mun and Yuen-Long)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

[QUOTE=geoheyexpat;3812066 The ex-Kiwi GM fostered an amazing workplace that produced happy workers like me. .[/QUOTE]

OMG. I think I just fell of my seat. I don't recognise the guy you mention (who I did know). I guess he saved his good side for his co-workers rather than the tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    OMG. I think I just fell of my seat. I don't recognise the guy you mention (who I did know). I guess he saved his good side for his co-workers rather than the tenants.
    Lol, how did you get to know him, Katherine? Rarely does he interact with residents, I think? Plus, he's almost always away for important matters at HQ. Keeping tenants like you happy was left to small fries like me xD

@geoheyexpat Yes, I know that Phase 2 is better than Phase 1. I've lived in both, 8 years in total. Plus 1 in Aegean Coast. And now I live nearby. Maybe if I knew you back then or the Kiwi GM, I would've stayed there, hahaha.

Before Fusion, it was U-Select! And I prefer it, cause it has products from Tesco.

I've never drank tap water here, but back when I lived in Phase 2 (2008-2012), I installed this water filter on tap, Philips brand, that supposed to last a few months, but within a week or two, I could already see the filter cartridge turned brown. After that 4 years, I got a better filter, so it wasn't really a problem anymore, but still when I think about showering with brown water, it was not a good feeling.

I'm guessing the day you spent 10 hours taping windows was the same day that the windows at my flat back then also leaking, lol.

And yeah, I live in a village house nearby right now. It's great, but beware of the bugs, it could get really frustrating. There's always pros and cons, so it's really up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rainylin:
    @geoheyexpat Yes, I know that Phase 2 is better than Phase 1. I've lived in both, 8 years in total. Plus 1 in Aegean Coast. And now I live nearby. Maybe if I knew you back then or the Kiwi GM, I would've stayed there, hahaha.

Before Fusion, it was U-Select! And I prefer it, cause it has products from Tesco.

I've never drank tap water here, but back when I lived in Phase 2 (2008-2012), I installed this water filter on tap, Philips brand, that supposed to last a few months, but within a week or two, I could already see the filter cartridge turned brown. After that 4 years, I got a better filter, so it wasn't really a problem anymore, but still when I think about showering with brown water, it was not a good feeling.

I'm guessing the day you spent 10 hours taping windows was the same day that the windows at my flat back then also leaking, lol.

And yeah, I live in a village house nearby right now. It's great, but beware of the bugs, it could get really frustrating. There's always pros and cons, so it's really up to you.
    @rainylin I bet Fusion was willing to pay more rent than U-Select and that's how they got the space :P While you were living in HKGC/Aegean, did the Cha Caan Teng food improve overtime? I had some of the worst CCT food at these two locations. Surprisingly, the best CCT food I had was in Monterey Park in Los Angeles County, after I left HK.

Yes, village houses attract more animals It's the joke that if you, a human, find an environment better (more natural), so does wildlife. While you're dealing with bugs, I'm dealing with raccoons up here in Canada lolol

@geoheyexpat I rarely visit that cha chaan teng, maybe less than 10 times. But according to a friend, it's gotten worse and worse, lol.

Ah, you have left HK.

I haven't seen racoon in my whole life, but I might say, I've seen some bugs here that I haven't seen before hahaha.

geoheyexpat likes this.

@geoheyexpat I rarely visit that cha chaan teng, maybe less than 10 times. But according to a friend, it's gotten worse and worse, lol.

Ah, you have left HK.

I haven't seen racoon in my whole life, but I might say, I've seen some bugs here that I haven't seen before hahaha.
    @rainylin They're lucky to be insulated from competition
    rainylin likes this.

@geoheyexpat yeah, the only CCT in the area. My friends and I used to go to "cooking restaurant" which no longer exist.

@geoheyexpat yeah, the only CCT in the area. My friends and I used to go to "cooking restaurant" which no longer exist.
    Good CCTs are being replaced by chains like Fairwood and Cafe de Coral, making for an increasingly boring food scene
    rainylin likes this.