Like Tree33Likes

Seeking Employment Advice in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1. I'm waiting on their reply for the retest. I don't think a lot of people failed the Chinese written because for some odd reasons no one came out to get us and bring us to the examination hall... There were me and this other guy that waited outside. I called the recruiting team and they've told me to send an email and I'll need someone higher up to approve to be scheduled again for the exam. I've spent the last year exercising, losing weight, getting laser treatments to get rid of my tattoos, studying etc and frankly I'm mentally exhausted. I can practice all I want but I might not reach the level of Chinese proficiency they are looking for. Going for so long and putting all this effort that might be fruitless is quite exhausting. That's why I'm looking into a backup plan and thinking of finding work while I wait.

2. Thanks I have been looking at these listings and I'll start applying once my CRE results are back. They should be sent to us before July 9th.

I'm actually already in Hong Kong. I decide to visit after graduating last year. Been focus on the probationary inspector role preparation for a year now. Now that I'm fully vaccinated along with the wait time for the police inspector role, I think it's good to look at other options.

I just play games to relax... nothing competitive.

AliT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    1. Come do the Police thing again
    2. If the above doesnt work out, look for other Govt jobs like Customs dept, correctional services etc etc

1st of get your arse to HK then look for a job, jobsdb maybe a waste of your time. Once you get here since you are technically a local, you wont find it hard to get a job to settle into 1st to help get some coin into your wallet.
    Should already be in HK I don't think you can take the police exams in Canada. Or can yiy?

Because I'm an outsider I do believe I am viewing this more impartially than you are.

You can't even tell me what they've done that warrants your hatred towards the force.

Security is the foundation of the economy. The law is there to safeguard it's citizens and the country's security. Every country has it's own national security law. Even if you immigrate to US or Canada, freedom of speech does not allow you to slander the country you live in. Take that guy that told others not to take the vaccine in Canada, he got arrest and is charge for treason. More people were killed in US riots than what happened in Hong Kong in 2019. This is one of the reason why I said The Force in Hong Kong handled 2019 admirably. Now please spew your propaganda elsewhere.

Yep, I'm in Hong Kong. I took my vacation and ran with it. Decided to stay and try for the Force.

I did go through the trouble of lasering off my tattoos. So I thought I'll try seeking employment in other areas.

I don't know how long the wait is to retake the written exam. The recruitment team told me they're slammed and basically... noone gets back to me. I got my reexam notification 6 days before the actual exam, after calling them twice wondering if I'll get a confirmation. I arrived at the exam before the seating time and everything and was just not allowed in... No one came to get us. I've emailed and still haven't heard back. So here am I.

shri likes this.

Hmmm.... if you like to join police force, then have you considered other uniformed services, such as Immigration ?
    https://www.ctgoodjobs.hk/job/immigr...stant/07051910

On the Immigration department website
    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/recruitment/index.html

Immigration Officer
    Application for the post was closed on 9 July 2020.

As you are already in hong kong, no harm to try it. The application closes in two more days.

Gotcha. Thanks. I was going to wait for the CRE but I guess I'll apply now.

Oh wait, actually I saw this last time. This was last years posting unfortunately. They haven't released this year one yet I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lokinaoto:
    Because I'm an outsider I do believe I am viewing this more impartially than you are.

You can't even tell me what they've done that warrants your hatred towards the force.

Security is the foundation of the economy. The law is there to safeguard it's citizens and the country's security. Every country has it's own national security law. Even if you immigrate to US or Canada, freedom of speech does not allow you to slander the country you live in. Take that guy that told others not to take the vaccine in Canada, he got arrest and is charge for treason. More people were killed in US riots than what happened in Hong Kong in 2019. This is one of the reason why I said The Force in Hong Kong handled 2019 admirably. Now please spew your propaganda elsewhere.
    Denial, lies, false accusation and whataboutism. A perfect fit no less.
    jimbo_jones and rs4 like this.

Ok i get it, cos now there are lots of opportunity for gamers - teams, sponsorships etc etc

good luck with your job applications !

Immigration Assistant was just posted on ctgoodjobs in June 2021
    They need manpower so why not try?

Contact Address: Recruitment and Training Research Section, Immigration Department, UG/F, Immigration Service Institute of Training and Development, 82 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun, N.T.
    Enquiry Telephone: 3693 8166
    Closing Date(dd/mm/yyyy): Applications are accepted all year round until further notice.
    Web Site of Department: https://www.immd.gov.hk

Immigration Assistant
    IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT
    Salary: General Disciplined Services (Rank and File) Pay Scale Point 3 (HK$21,780) to General Disciplined Services (Rank and File) Pay Scale Point 13 (HK$30,100) per month

Job ref no.: 44443 (CT3130773-01#0151) Report Print
    Posted on 2021-06-08
    https://www.ctgoodjobs.hk/job/immigr...stant/07051910