Like Tree113Likes

Considering Hong Kong Move - Offer etc

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Seems so much less judgy than the (my interpretation) "You're arse fucking democracy to get rich" sentiment of another post.
    Ignore all things related to Politics, ignore NSL boring shit, keep your head down and work
    that's what I was refering to. Maybe it was also not 100% serious by that author.

I could agree to a "keep informed of whats going on, have an opinion, and an exit plan, keep your head down and work for 2-3 years to save some money before going elsewhere."

Ignore v/s oblivious ...

I find it essential for my mental health to ignore so much of the outrage. But I'm not oblivious to the issues.

jgl, qhank, D.YU and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    Yeah fuck human rights, democracy and all that, just get rich!
    As Ronnie Chiang once said...Kung hey fat choi!
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Ignore v/s oblivious ...

I find it essential for my mental health to ignore so much of the outrage. But I'm not oblivious to the issues.
    My mental health would be much worse if I was making a shitty income. It is much easier to ignore what isnt directly impacting you and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Depends on if the individual is single or family man with single income. 65k on single income supporting kids, wife, maid, etc. is not so good. lol

Separate question, is the salary 65k flat or has performance bonuses as well?
    Well, if you have a maid, the wife should be working if she's not working, no need for a maid.

I agree that it's not great if you have kids because then it's either single salary or you need a maid (not to mention a bigger flat). For a single person, or married couple, both working, it's pretty damn good.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9