Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyhook

SantaFe Relo Vs Allied movers

Closed Thread

SantaFe Relo Vs Allied movers

Hi,

We are moving from HK to Manila at the end of the year and as such we consulted a few relocation companies.
    The best two quotes have been from SantaFe Relo and Allied (small difference in price and similar charges).

Does anyone have any feedback on these two companies to share?

Thanks!

We used Santa Fe and Asian Tiger for our moves in and out of HK - although I don't recall which company did which move. Both were fine (we've moved more than a dozen times so we have a larger than average data set for movers). Your experience has a lot to do with the crew they send out to pack/unpack rather than the parent company. Communication and consistency is key.

We didn't use any of the mentioned international movers, we used relo smart to ship our entire life and 3 floors of furniture and 3 of our family pets, to Brisbane for $46,000hkd which I felt was a very reasonable price at the time. I'd be curious as to know what they're charging these days, 3 and half years later.

But I have to say, everything ran smoothly, they packed everything in 1 day on a big 8 tonne truck using 4 guys, everything boxed/packed adequately and a customs inspected container rocked up at our place about 3 to 4 weeks later. Our pets arrived safe and sound about 2 weeks later as they had to be flown to Melbourne first, then spent two weeks in quarantine, then flown up to Brisbane and delivered to our door.
    Apart from one kitchen plate being broken, everything else arrived intact.

So yeah, I can only say that our experience with relo smart international movers was well organised and straight forward.

chuckster007 likes this.

Following from that other thread about people leaving Hong Kong... I'm very curious why you're choosing to leave Hong Kong for Manila? Can you add to our pool of anecdotal evidence?

I have obtained a few quotes for my upcoming move to Singapore - SwiftRelo and Santa fe were more expensive than a company called Asian Express. Does anyone have any experience with Asian Express? I haven't committed to a mover at this stage.

The price difference ranged from 3-5k which isn't negligible.

I finally decided to go with Santa Fe: I'll write a review here after we move!

Personal decision: my wife is from there and I'm Italian. We don't have any family here and we always saw HK as temporary.