Moving Company within Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moving Company within Hong Kong

Hi All,

Looking to make a short move from ktown to Sheung Wan. Looking around for quotes and have been quoted 4500-5000hkd to move a couch , some boxes a couple of duffle bags, a reading chair, tv stand, small table with two chairs. No beds, no dressers. The cost seems outrageous to me. Anyone have a company they would recommend ? Probably would benefit from an hourly service but won’t be able to move things on our own so GOGO van isn’t an option. Thanks in advance.

is there a lift in each building???

Yep

6993 7169 - All round movers

I found his ad in geoexpat and price is lesser than others.

You can try his service and let us know about your experience.

If you don't have a lot to move, you can take a look of this website. They charge a minimum charge based on locations (you can call them and they will let you know the minimum fee for the area that you are moving to) + each item you want to move (you can take a look of the moving cost of each item on the following link). It is good that you know exactly how much you are paying. You just need to let them know what items you have and schedule a time with them (if you end up having to move a couple of items more after you pack, it is fine as they will just add the amount on the moving day)

Price List

I found this company and used it once a couple of years ago, and it seemed quite popular among locals. Even though they use plastic to wrap around my mattress and couch, they were not the most careful type because they moved really fast. It worked for me as I had only furniture from Ikea, but I may think twice whether to use them if all of my furniture is very expensive. Good luck with your move!

They are not replying in whatsapp since last 1 week so service is doubtful now.

Quote Originally Posted by Co Co Nut:
    If you don't have a lot to move, you can take a look of this website. They charge a minimum charge based on locations (you can call them and they will let you know the minimum fee for the area that you are moving to) + each item you want to move (you can take a look of the moving cost of each item on the following link). It is good that you know exactly how much you are paying. You just need to let them know what items you have and schedule a time with them (if you end up having to move a couple of items more after you pack, it is fine as they will just add the amount on the moving day)

Price List

I found this company and used it once a couple of years ago, and it seemed quite popular among locals. Even though they use plastic to wrap around my mattress and couch, they were not the most careful type because they moved really fast. It worked for me as I had only furniture from Ikea, but I may think twice whether to use them if all of my furniture is very expensive. Good luck with your move!

Thats definitely a "gweilo" price. I moved a house ton of stuff for 4k. 3 beds, sofa, tv, table, chairs, wardrobe, shoe cabinet, and about 30 boxes.

can you share the company name and number ?

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Thats definitely a "gweilo" price. I moved a house ton of stuff for 4k. 3 beds, sofa, tv, table, chairs, wardrobe, shoe cabinet, and about 30 boxes.

Last month, have seen these guys with their truck around in the Kennedy town area, and they moved in two of my neighbours. Decent folks and they did a good job. Bear in mind... they only speak Cantonese.

KUT LEE TRANSPORT LIMITED 吉利搬屋有限公司
    Phone: 2787 3417

And sadly their website is down. Their facebook is minimal
    https://www.facebook.com/gleetransp

That is a comedy price. Why not just book a small truck from gogo or lalamove? While it wasn't strictly a move, I took roughly the same volume of furniture and boxes/light fittings between two addresses on the island for HKD2000 not long ago. If you get silly quotes just decline and wait for a sensible driver.

(In case you don't know, the drivers are very happy to move stuff... if you can do one side of the couch they can do the rest I'm sure)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast