Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By sceeerutinizer

Where to find/hire moving (labor) help.

Closed Thread

Where to find/hire moving (labor) help.

I've got movers scheduled to deliver my belongings in early March. However, the company (Seven Seas) said that they no longer offer unloading service. So, they'll roll up with a truck that has my pallet of stuff on it, but I'll then need to unload it myself. Any tips on how to go about hiring some casual labor? I probably need 2-3 movers for about an hour to move the boxes from the truck into my apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by sceeerutinizer:
    I've got movers scheduled to deliver my belongings in early March. However, the company (Seven Seas) said that they no longer offer unloading service. So, they'll roll up with a truck that has my pallet of stuff on it, but I'll then need to unload it myself. Any tips on how to go about hiring some casual labor? I probably need 2-3 movers for about an hour to move the boxes from the truck into my apartment.
    I know some guys who could help, but sounds like it would be cheaper if you have 1 guy for several hours.

Cost would be highly dependent on the frequency of stairs involved.

No stairs, elevator up one floor. Should be an easy move, and will actually likely take about 30 mins to unload. Took about 45 to load in and that generally takes longer. I'm basically price insensitive.

Sage likes this.

how is it they dont unload WTF
    Who loaded it?? yourself n mates??
    Seven seas sounds like gogo van lol

Gotta be a covid thing, Seven Seas probably doesn't want to be sending a load of people around different buildings. Definitely crappy timing for a move.

shri likes this.