Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flapster
  • 1 Post By TheNextChapter

Where should I go to get a PCR test done in London?

Where should I go to get a PCR test done in London?

Apologies if this is not the right place to pose this question.

I’ll be flying back to HK from London next week, so I’ll need to have a PCR test done 48 hours before my CX flight takes off at Heathrow.

Since this is my first time to get tested in the UK, I have no idea where I should go. Could someone please recommend a legit testing center (or pharmacy?) anywhere near Kings Cross where I’m staying?

I know the pharmacy chain Boots does testing and I also found a testing provider called ExpressTest by Cignpost in the Westfield shopping center. They have a test called “PCR Fit to Fly” that claims to be accepted in most countries. Is this a good choice?

Also, my flight leaves at 12:20pm on June 8 London time so should I get tested on June 6 (any time after 12:20pm) OR get tested earlier and have the results back on June 6?

Sorry for the specificity of the questions but I’m a real scaredy-cat, and I’m terrified of being denied boarding by CX next week!

Thanks in advance for any advice & pointers.

Is there a Randox near you? They seem to be quite reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNextChapter:
    Apologies if this is not the right place to pose this question.

I’ll be flying back to HK from London next week, so I’ll need to have a PCR test done 48 hours before my CX flight takes off at Heathrow.

Since this is my first time to get tested in the UK, I have no idea where I should go. Could someone please recommend a legit testing center (or pharmacy?) anywhere near Kings Cross where I’m staying?
    Any centre no longer needs to be accredited - therefore you can take any PCR test. Just google.

I know the pharmacy chain Boots does testing and I also found a testing provider called ExpressTest by Cignpost in the Westfield shopping center. They have a test called “PCR Fit to Fly” that claims to be accepted in most countries. Is this a good choice?
    As above, either of these are fine, plus loads of other options.

Also, my flight leaves at 12:20pm on June 8 London time so should I get tested on June 6 (any time after 12:20pm) OR get tested earlier and have the results back on June 6?
    Sample needs to be taken within 48 hours of scheduled departure flight to HK (As long as direct, otherwise, needs to be within 48 hours of scheduled time of final flight to HK
    shri likes this.

Appreciate all your advice, everyone.

rani - Randox looks good and there's one near me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Editor likes this.