Like Tree3Likes

PCR Testing in UK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PCR Testing in UK

Can someone who recently arrived from the U.K give an insight as to which testing service - Medicspot or Prenetics and the process to comply with obtaining a result 48 hrs. prior to arriving in HK.

I used Randox in St Pauls but I think they have multiple locations in London. They had a few options, 24hr, 12hr, 2hr etc. I used the 12 hour option and the results came back within an hour or so. I don't think they are very busy in post-covid UK.

I did it at Randox on Kensington High St. Went in at 4.30pm and paid for next day results but I got it a few hours later around midnight. Maybe cos my CT level was high at 18.

Randox Stansted Airport. Literally no one there. Whoever you use make sure they put your FULL travel doc name on the output and it is 48 hours from scheduled departure of your last port before HKIA, easy to work out of direct flight.

I did it at a random clinic in Leeds a couple of weeks ago, cost 80 quid, did the test at 3:40pm, results at 8am-ish the next day.

Randox Waterloo. 1230 pm on a Saturday. I was the 5th person they’d tested that day

Thanks very much.
    How/when do you calculate the time to take the test to be within the 48 hour time window that HK requires?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiibill:
    Thanks very much.
    How/when do you calculate the time to take the test to be within the 48 hour time window that HK requires?
    just count backwards from the time u are scheduled to land in HK.

And figure out the 7 hour difference.

More difficult if it’s not a direct flight but I worked out it had to be within 48 hrs of the last leg to HK.

Provided there are no delays, I only have 3 hrs to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    just count backwards from the time u are scheduled to land in HK.
    massively WRONG

48 hours from the LAST scheduled DEPARTURE so if transiting 48 hours is calculated from the departure of the final leg
    Shiojiri Hiro, qhank and shri like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast