Moving to Hong Kong in A Few Months.. Many Questions..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I just spent a week in Hobart - not the sort of place I would want to live as it does feel like the end of the world (and it is). A nice place to visit, but after a while it would feel very weird. My vote is for Melbourne if you did want to move to Australia.
    Have to agree on all points. I lived in Melbourne for 5 years ; hubby grew up in Hobart so we go there regularly to visit his mum.....

Not much snow in Melbourne though is there? I don't mean a few flurries once in a while - I mean real snow, on the ground, for several weeks at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Not much snow in Melbourne though is there? I don't mean a few flurries once in a while - I mean real snow, on the ground, for several weeks at least.
    Sorry to hear the news ... I'm planning on Malaysia if I get the ol' heave ho

No, doesn't snow in Melbourne at all (but gets down to zero at night during winter). You have to drive up to the mountains for the snowfields - around a 2.5hr drive will put you in Mt Buller which has good snow over the winter months.

Vancouver? bit of everything there and you can ski 6 months of the year!

It's a possibility - I've never been to Canada (except in transit) so I really don't know.

cmlg

PDLM,

How about Mrs PDLM, does she love NZ?

Do you think you there are job opportunities in HK/Macau/China that you can find?

Economic downturn affecting the whole world.

She's never been there. The problem is not so much jobs - I'm confident that both Mrs PDLM and I could find jobs that would enable us to live at a reasonably comfortable level in any environment where English is the working language. But if I am going to make a change career-wise anyway it seems that we might as well take the opportunity to get out of this shitty air as well. Days like today really must be harming our health, and it is getting so bad that it's now a major factor in our decision.

She's never been there. The problem is not so much jobs - I'm confident that both Mrs PDLM and I could find jobs that would enable us to live at a reasonably comfortable level in any environment where English is the working language. But if I am going to make a change career-wise anyway it seems that we might as well take the opportunity to get out of this shitty air as well. Days like today really must be harming our health, and it is getting so bad that it's now a major factor in our decision.
    I agree, I usually consider myself fortunate to have a a harbour view at work, but looking out there today has been very worrying...looking up articles on air pollution's effect on health doesn't help matters...

Er - not sure how much time you have spent in NZ, but there;s not much snow there either except up on the top of the mountains in the ski resorts .... which is exactly the same in Victoria

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast