DISCO BAY or REPULSE BAY if I need to go to Mei FOO 3 times per week

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face DISCO BAY or REPULSE BAY if I need to go to Mei FOO 3 times per week

Me plus 5 of us (2 maids, 2 kids, one hubby).

Hubby and I gonna retired soon and will be moving to HK. The maids has been with me practicaly FOREVER and is part of the family. Will need to go to Kowloon as my Father and mother in law is 83 y. old and we are really want to keep the family bond as they would want to see their grandkids also.

Both kids are home schooled though I definately need a kid friendly environment else I may cry everyday if I saw my kids in distress due to loneliness.

How much would I need to spend on transportation VIA Ferry for 6 of us ? or maybe I rather live in Repulse bay and take taxi?

Please HELP any suggestions welcome

Both are rather inconvenient. You may want to check the GoldCoast/Siu Lam area (green, quiet...) where you can take the 52X bus and reach Mei Foo in about 30/35 minutes door to door

You don't need to go by ferry to Mei Foo from DB. Take the bus to Sunny Bay, MTR to Lai King and change there to the red line that brings you to Mei Foo.
    Much quicker and cheaper too.

pollution in Gold Coast ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Both are rather inconvenient. You may want to check the GoldCoast/Siu Lam area (green, quiet...) where you can take the 52X bus and reach Mei Foo in about 30/35 minutes door to door
    Hi Mat, How about air quality in Gold Coast ?
    Thanks

Hi Elle

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    You don't need to go by ferry to Mei Foo from DB. Take the bus to Sunny Bay, MTR to Lai King and change there to the red line that brings you to Mei Foo.
    Much quicker and cheaper too.
    Does this mean that I will need to look for a property that is closer to the tunnel ? I really want to avoid renting the golf carts etc

How long will the commuting time roughly be as I need to change 3 times. 1 hour ?

Thank You

You are aware that home schooling is not legal in Hong Kong? (And whilst expats seem to be granted some leeway, I'm not sure that returning locals are...)

Hi PDLM

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You are aware that home schooling is not legal in Hong Kong? (And whilst expats seem to be granted some leeway, I'm not sure that returning locals are...)
    Yes, I am very much aware . However, my kids and I are not locals.
    Thanks
    Last edited by happy_mom; 09-02-2009 at 04:03 PM.

OIC - sorry - I apparently made an invalid assumption based on you having an 83yo father in Kowloon.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    OIC - sorry - I apparently made an invalid assumption based on you having an 83yo father in Kowloon.
    Expat by marriage perhaps?

To the OP: don't fret about air pollution; it's bad everywhere.

No Problem

Father and mother in law that is. Very lovely people. Very healthy too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast