I will be transferring from Chicago, IL to Hong Kong with my wife and three kids (10, 6, 4) over the next few months. Though there is lots of information to read, I'm still struggling with where to start. Specifically, the most pressing questions are as follows:
1. How to decide between DB and living on Hong Kong Island. Seems like two completely different environments. Would appreciate any personal experiences here (good or bad) to help guide our decision process.
2. How difficult is it to get children into the international schools? How much lead time to ensure they get in? Is it possible to transfer mid year?
3. My wife stays home with the children so should this be a factor in location decision?
4. My office will be in I believe it's called quarry bay. Is this easily accessible (1/2 hour commute...) by most locations or will this limit where to look.
5. I've found some sites to browse for housing but can someone recommend their favorite?
6. How bad is the air quality and does it matter where you live?
I have many more but was hoping to begin some dialogue on the above as starting point.
Thanks in advance for any council.