Which Movers London to HK? & Storage in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We moved from Essex to HK 3 years ago. Got quotes from Robinson's and Allied Pickfords. We told the Pickfords guy the Robinson quote and low and behold AP came in with a quote a bit cheaper.

We also had to leave the stuff in storage here for 6 months after we arrived and it was no problem with Pickfords - they even let us go to the storage warehouse to pick up a few things we needed whilst it was still in storage. Storage here was pretty cheap and then when needed they completed the delivery without a single breakage. Very easy and efficient.

Limepickle -- I've got Crown coming around next week to give me a quote. They told me HK is the Global HQ so service on that end is very good. I've lived in HK before (8 yrs ago) and my hubbie and I went 3 wks ago to do a recce. We've narrowed down the areas we want to live but didn't sign anything.

My Timeoff -- thanks for sharing your experience. I'm going to try the big int'l movers. And no, we're going from 5bdrm to prob 3 bed so will be selling / storing/ giving away stuff.

Peckerhead -- thanks for the tips.

Oh the joys of moving!....

Try Sterling International Movers too.

In terms of what all the moving companies do...they will pack everything so you don't need to do much other than being organised on what's staying, what's going etc.

If you are moving from a house, you will inevitably be staying in a smaller place in HK so ditch stuff that you are unlikely to use. If your employer is paying for moving, storage etc then by all means move it here. If you are paying, I just rented a self storage 3 weeks ago in costs about HKD1,400 for a room which is about 4 feet by 6 feet with a ceiling of 10 feet.

PM me if you need more information - I have done 5 international moves in the last 10 years so have used a variety of movers and overall they are all pretty similar in services.

Thanks Katanga. I'm in the midst of trying to get rid of a lot of stuff so we only ship over what can fit into a 3 bed flat. It's good to know self-storage does exist in HK and while not super cheap, it's not exorbitant.

I'll PM you if I have any specific questions. I might once the quotes come in.

Avalon Overseas Movers -- part of Allied group

I've got a couple of companies, including Avalon Overseas Movers coming to give me a quote. They are apparently part of the Allied Group.

Has anyone used them? Were they good? I assume they would be if they are part of Allied, but would like some reassurance.

FYI - Have asked Allied to confirm that this mover is a part of their network.