Anything we should bring out from UK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 0ze_Kid:
    My list so far:
    * Sorbolene cream/soap (again very $$$ and can only buy in a 100ml tube and DD has sensitive skin and this works a treat)
    You can get large tubs of sorbolene (both the cheap grease and the expensive fast-absorbing stuff) in any of the many Chinese pharmacists dotted around HK. Don't look for it in Mannings/Watsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Does anyone know roughly how much they'd be? A friend of mine living in SIngapore said there they are equivalent to £45, whereas in the UK they are £25 - £30. Just wondering if I should buy new ones here before I come out!
    You could always call the shop that's been listed, and ask directly.

There are also Birkenstock knockoffs for about $100, but I have no idea how durable they are.

The Birkenstocks I saw were from $350-600 ish depending on sales and what style you want. There are knock offs from $50 but they aren't made of leather or suede and basically will fall apart.
    There are in between brands which are well made but without the branding which will be cheaper. Size 6 isn't a difficult size to find.

Thanks, sound like I should get some here then before I come. The main reason I like them is because they are so durable, so I wouldn't want a knock off.

If you have space bring books as they are expensive here... And grab some magazines at the airport - same same.

Bring some warm clothing as we are heavily air-conditioned in Summer. Don't pack it all away in the sea freight.

Re-iterate on the sun lotion, much better to buy in the UK.

Also if you have a baby, get supplies/clothes as far in advance as possible. Equivalents are more expensive here.

If it is the same as earlier in the year there are plenty of sales in the uk, so take advantage of mid-range clothing sales.

Thanks, Meerkat. Are clothes really difficult / expensive to get? I'm quite small by European average (UK size 8) and so although tall (5'7) trousers were really the only item I was envisaging it might be harder to find in my length.

With regards books, I've signed up for Bookmooch, which is proving a great way of getting rid of all the old books I don't want to bring with me, and finding new books to read!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Thanks, Meerkat. Are clothes really difficult / expensive to get? I'm quite small by European average (UK size 8) and so although tall (5'7) trousers were really the only item I was envisaging it might be harder to find in my length.

With regards books, I've signed up for Bookmooch, which is proving a great way of getting rid of all the old books I don't want to bring with me, and finding new books to read!
    For your size clothes are easy to get and can be really cheap unless you are a designer only shopper. Even the trousers - 5' 7" is not that tall.

Kids clothes are very cheap in comparison to the UK as are shoes.

Thanks, that's good to hear! I just thought 5'7 might be tall for a female.

coming to HK

I've sent you a pm of information.

Get your Birkenstocks from TK Max in UK before you got. I just got some for £19.99 from there...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast