Like Tree9Likes

Is Seven Seas Worldwide still reliable?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

It is interesting to see these comments. Any internet forum is likely to be biased towards complaints, but our experience of shipping around 50 boxes from the UK to HK in three separate shipments suggests that this is not a company that should be recommended to anybody wanting a hassle-free experience. We didn't have any problems as bad as some of those reported here, but we did have a number of small issues such as lost documents or failure to contact us about problems with the order. My impression was that the different sections of the company don't communicate with each other very well, and that this could easily have given rise to more serious problems than the ones we had to deal with.

Are there other shipping companies people here would recommend as an alternative?

We need to ship a giant base cello, several guitars, and about 30kgs of books etc so like dmt32 above please could anyone recommend a good door-to-door service?

Saw this thread only after contacting Seven Seas for quote and now I must admit I am having second thoughts! Anyhow, bumping this thread to see if any recommendation comes up.

Recommend SwiftRelo for an overseas move.
    Expert Movers for a local move.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 23-05-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks Sue - just got in touch with them

Thumbs down THEY DESTROY EVERYTHING AND DELIVER 4 MONTHS LATE - HORRIBLE ATTITUDE ON TOP OF THAT

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Frankly this is completely implausible. But they say that if a company only gets good reviews then it must be bogus - having one or two customers who aren't able to follow simple instructions and get snotty about it just proves that they are real.

I stand by my recommendation. Very efficient, very smooth, exactly as promised. No issues at all.
    You are implausible! - I shipped boxes and TV - the TV was destroyed and I am still trying to get something back from them! All the boxes had holes in the form of footsteps on them!!! They simply destroy your stuffs and on top of that it took 6 months to arrive when they initially said 2 months max... and during all this time they were never able to give me an ETA "it will arrive but we are unable to tell you when" - they call themselves a shipping company I call them a SCAM! And if you work for them then try do your job correctly instead of pretending to be a satisfied customer because there may be very few left by now!

@Dammer, can you let me know how it goes with Swiftrelo? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthis:
    You are implausible! - I shipped boxes and TV - the TV was destroyed and I am still trying to get something back from them! All the boxes had holes in the form of footsteps on them!!! They simply destroy your stuffs and on top of that it took 6 months to arrive when they initially said 2 months max... and during all this time they were never able to give me an ETA "it will arrive but we are unable to tell you when" - they call themselves a shipping company I call them a SCAM! And if you work for them then try do your job correctly instead of pretending to be a satisfied customer because there may be very few left by now!
    Unlucky there, but I've used Seven Seas 3 times in the last 18 months, shipping a total of 30 large boxes, and they all arrived either on time of slightly ahead of schedule. The boxes arrived in good shape, with the odd small dented corners, but we packed the more fragile items in the middle with lots of padding or clothes on the outer edges. In fact, I've opened all the boxes and most of the stuff and still in the boxes right now, piled in a column of 3, and the boxes are still holding up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Hi all (and to @Sjiki),

I ended up going with Sevenseas as Swiftrelo was more of a international relocation company, whereas I was just trying to ship personal belongs (think excess baggage) over to the U.S. My experience has been pretty good.

What I liked:

1/ Good international network. I shipped from HK to Boston, and they had local operations in each country to handle my enquiries (did not have to call HK when I'm physically in the U.S.)
    2/ Much cheaper than the professional relo companies (think of them more as an excess baggage alternative)
    3/ Flexible schedule. For both picking from my old address and delivery to new address, they were able to set up appointments for the next day
    4/ My box was relatively intact and in good shape when it arrived. I'd avoided putting fragile electronics/glassware as I was aware that the box will be handled by many outsiders of sevenseas (e.g. ship operator, U.S. Customs etc)

What I did not like:

1/ Pricing. The difference between shipping 1 box and 3 boxes is very marginal (I'd initially asked for a quote for 3 large boxes but ended up shipping 1 - final price was only 20% less than my original quote and I only found out when the invoice came)
    2/ Lots of hidden fees (customs examination, change of delivery address, picking up from Central instead of Kowloon, etc)

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by dammer:
    2/ Lots of hidden fees (customs examination, change of delivery address, picking up from Central instead of Kowloon, etc)
    I can't recall paying anything extra, I've just checked my online receipts and didn't pay for any extra charges. Mind you, I didn't request for a change of delivery address or date.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app