Stuff to bring from the US?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mrs PDLM has no problem buying 36C bras - in Marks & Spencer mainly.

If you consume a lot of ibuprofen the trick is to get the generics in large bottles from a local pharmacy, although even then I haven't managed to get a price below HK$0.5 per tablet when negotiating in English, which is still pretty expensive.

Last edited by PDLM; 27-06-2009 at 02:57 PM.

you may be able to get a bra that fits in m&s, BUT the selection isn't always great... i know, i've tried and given up...last time i was in australia, i bought enough to last me for a long while.

Indeed - Mrs PDLM is Asian so she prefers the same style as the locals with plenty of padding and no possible hint of nipple

Yeah totally get deodorant and pain pills. I'm going back to the states this sunday and half my suitcase when i come back will be filled with pills and dove deodorant. The stuff here just doesn't do the trick for me!

How many pain pills do you need to take? Although they are not cheap here, I'm not going to get worked up about spending HK$1-200 per year...

i go through quite a bit of ibuprofen. i spend $85 for 100 tablets. that lasts me about 2-3 months if i'm lucky. when i'm in canada, i stock up as they are 1/3 of the price.

i also stock up on over the counter cold meds. the stuff here has no effect on my colds at all.

I'm sorry you get pain so often (more than one ibuprofen per day on a long run average seems a lot to me...), but you ought to be able to get ibuprofen down to $500/1000 (still above your Canadian price, but much closer) from a local pharmacy in the big bottles.

i do buy from a local pharmacy...
    as for the pain... i suffer migraines that can go on for a week at a time sometimes even more (when i was pregnant and couldnt take the ibuprofen, i had a migraine that lasted for....6 weeks! no joke!)

Quote Originally Posted by carang
    i do buy from a local pharmacy...
    as for the pain... i suffer migraines that can go on for a week at a time sometimes even more (when i was pregnant and couldnt take the ibuprofen, i had a migraine that lasted for....6 weeks! no joke!)
    You have my sympathy. I get them every few months and after even a few hours and I am bouncing off the walls (literally some times). Once went to the doc here during one and he gave me an injection which finished that one.

funny, when i went to the A&E dept after suffering one for a week, at triage, the BP cuff could't take a reading my BP was so high... it actually blew the cuff off! after an injection (didn't even begin to get rid of the pain) they were finally able to get a reading... 23X/13X 9cannot remember the exact number but the first two digits are correct)... i was admitted immediately... NOT FUN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast