Stuff to bring from the US?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stuff to bring from the US?

Hi there,

I'm planning a move from the US to HK and I'm trying to decide what to bring with me and what to sell. I'm thinking I need to bring clothing, as I'm US size 8-10 and 5'10". Is it true that clothing of these sizes would be difficult to find or very expensive as they are westerner size? Also, I wear US size 8.5, European size 39 shoes. Are these hard to find as well?

Thanks a lot.

Limin

Because of your height I would bring pants or at least styles that you like so you can get them made in HK or in Shenzhen. You are on the "larger" size top-wise but will be able to find tops that will fit - you will just need to look a little harder/longer. Again you could get stuff made.

Lots of people do this (get stuff made) or they buy online from places such as landsend or others.

Can't help re shoes as I don't do a lot of shoe shopping. I am about your size in shoe and didn't have a problem.

I'm taller than you are and I have some trouble with pants and lengths.
    Shoes aren't a problem if you're willing to spend the money on them.
    Bring a couple of REALLY good pairs due to the amount of walking one does in HK.
    Being a size 8 should be no problem here but you'll probably where the largest size over here and feel really fat when you shop at an asian store.
    They have british brands and they go up to size 14-16 depending, tops will be no problem.

Thanks all for the info. It sucks to not be able to shop much in HK, where shopping is the city sport :-). Would post later after I move and seek your help in finding a good tailor...

if you are larger breasted, bring bras

deoderant is another thing i stock up on as well as ibuprofen (available, but MUCH more expensive!)

For shoes, anything under a US Size 12 is easy to find. Above that is a problem.

Thanks for the tips.

If Limin is female, then shoes under (but not including) a U.S. size 9 (i.e. 39 and below) should be easy to find.

Bras

Quote Originally Posted by carang
    if you are larger breasted, bring bras

deoderant is another thing i stock up on as well as ibuprofen (available, but MUCH more expensive!)
    I wear 32D or 34C depending on style. Are these sizes ok to buy in HK? Thanks!

anything bigger than a B i would bring from overseas.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast