Moving from US to Hong kong with 2 small children...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moving from US to Hong kong with 2 small children...

We will be moving to Hong Kong in a couple of months and would really appreciate some recommendations on great service apartments in the city to live with young children (2 months and 2.5yrs). I would prefer somewhere with lots of other children, playground equipment, and children activities. I know, a lot of people on this forum have recommending living in Discovery Bay (which would be fine), but our first choice would be in the city. Preferably, central or Wai Chi or any areas close to those! We have previously lived in Shanghai so we are accustomed to living right in the city, so that's why at the moment I am preferring the city (I could change my mind later). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Cheriee

Last edited by asiaseekers; 27-07-2009 at 10:46 PM.

You could try Mid-levels, it's close to central and there's plenty of good international schools in that area.

Is that relevant for kids who are two months and 2.5 years old?

To the OP - the real question is what is your budget? If it's unlimited then somewhere either on The Peak or Southside would be best (house, garden, etc).

You might want to also post on Geobaby, as you will get a different slant on all of your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    Is that relevant for kids who are two months and 2.5 years old?

To the OP - the real question is what is your budget? If it's unlimited then somewhere either on The Peak or Southside would be best (house, garden, etc).
    Ooh, totally overlooked that part lol.

hi'' wellcome to hongkong''
    when you move hongkong,did you need some helper for takecare your cildren or helpping your family?
    it you need i have my good experience helper.
    she been here 10years,experience with western family,if you need helper you can contact her anytime,her number is 94676969 winna
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asiaseekers
    We will be moving to Hong Kong in a couple of months and would really appreciate some recommendations on great service apartments in the city to live with young children (2 months and 2.5yrs). I would prefer somewhere with lots of other children, playground equipment, and children activities. I know, a lot of people on this forum have recommending living in Discovery Bay (which would be fine), but our first choice would be in the city. Preferably, central or Wai Chi or any areas close to those! We have previously lived in Shanghai so we are accustomed to living right in the city, so that's why at the moment I am preferring the city (I could change my mind later). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Cheriee
    Most serviced apartments in HK are quite small (less that 500 square feet) and do not have facilities or cater to children. On HK island, Parkview (15-20 minutes to Central, 10 minutes to Wan Chai) has larger serviced apartments that lots of families stay at. It has good facilities for kids, indoor and outdoor play areas, planned activities and playgroups, indoor and outdoor pools, preschool, etc. Repulse Bay has similar serviced apartments and facilities, but there are fewer and they often book up months in advance.

Is she Chinese? Can she speak madarin as well?

Thank you so much for the new forum link!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast