Moving from the UK to HK

Closed Thread

Moving from the UK to HK

I am currently waiting for my visa and should, with any luck, be in HK by late September / early October.

Is there anything I need to take or do prior to me leaving the UK as my move is permanent. I wondered if anyone had any experiences of forgetting to do things or wish that they had taken certain things with them etc?

Mothbox

There are numerous things you need to do / might forget! Are you having your belongings shipped? If so the removal company may produce a useful checklist, or you could try googling for one.

I am only taking one suitcase. I figured that I can buy most stuff across there and at present don't really have that many belongings. Most of what I do have needs replacing or can cheaply be replaced like clothes. I was planning on renting a furnished / semi-furnished appartment.

People always seem to say they miss things like tea when they move away from the UK but I can't see this being a major problem in China.

I asked the question about what was hard to find in HK, and to be honest most of the things that were mentioned I've since seen here! Ok sometimes a little more expensive, but available.

Just bear in mind that most apartments are unfurnished, unless you go for a serviced apartment - which as you said your move is permanent I'm guessing you wouldn't want to do for too long.

Remember to bring all important documents with you (education certificates etc).