Like Tree18Likes

Be careful of Horizon Suite Hotel, Ma On Shan, NT

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No chain on the bathroom doors! Unfortunately! But yes, there is one on the connecting door to outside.
    Good idea from now on

Yes, I have just this minute told Management that I am informing the Police that my apartment was entered without my authorisation.
    Thanks.

Last edited by Roz2911; 08-09-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Sorry, Claire, maybe English is your second language and you had difficulty understanding my Post. No problem! You know...that part where I said that my Employer (who happens to be the HKSAR Govt) pays my accommodation and this is the only Serviced Apartment in Ma On Shan.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz2911:
    Sorry, Claire, maybe English is your second language and you had difficulty understanding my Post. No problem! You know...that part where I said that my Employer (who happens to be the HKSAR Govt) pays my accommodation and this is the only Serviced Apartment in Ma On Shan.
    You can always choose to pay for your own accommodation if its that bad, no need to be rude to Claire. Or indeed move to another area - you can live almost anywhere in HK and commute to Ma On Shan if that's where you work.

Thanks for your input, Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:

I would have called the police on the guy who entered your house, illegal trespassing without consent. especially when your daughter was home alone.
    x2

even w/out the daughter. but especially with her there.

in any case, sounds like talking with the people there is a waste of time. I'd get as much concrete documentation as possible and bring it to the higher-ups at your office.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz2911:
    I understood your post. I understood that your daughter was in possible danger and your concern was that this the accommodation your employer provides. I also understood that you aren't prepared to that ultimate step for the safety of your daughter because, I guess, money. I was trying to emphasise the seriousness of the situation you put your daughter in, but without mentioning the full extent of the outcome, so I made it an ultimatum, as in "move".

You are not forced to live there. You are not forced to put your daughter at risk. So again, chose to move... or don't.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 08-09-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    shri likes this.

I think the problem with entry is that those suites are basically "hotel-lite" rather than real apartments. There may be different rules pertaining to entry. People enter my hotel room all the time, for example, and if they are serviced appts I guess you have to expect entry for said "service". I would check the fine print of whatever their terms and conditions are before going to the police or you might look stupid. But if you have grounds, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I think the problem with entry is that those suites are basically "hotel-lite" rather than real apartments. There may be different rules pertaining to entry. People enter my hotel room all the time, for example, and if they are serviced appts I guess you have to expect entry for said "service". I would check the fine print of whatever their terms and conditions are before going to the police or you might look stupid. But if you have grounds, go for it.
    Fair point, I think I'd still call the cops though.
    The management seems to be acting on the premise that they can f*ck with the OP all they want, and the OP needs to, somehow, change that.