Live in Tung Chung and Car HK - Shenzhe

Closed Thread

Live in Tung Chung and Car HK - Shenzhe

Hi...

I'm planning to move to HK on February with my wife, I will put an office in Shenzhen, so I have to go there all working days... Could you please help me with the next questions:

• I'm thinking in rent an apartment in Tung Chung, I think is not to crowded and is a quiet neighborhood, and some people tell me that you can go to Shenzhen in 20 to 30 minutes by bus. What you think? If you dont think so, please recommend me other place...
    • I would like to know if is easy to buy a car in HK and use it to go to Shenzhen.

Thanks for your Help.

There is a direct shuttle from Tung Chung's shopping mall called Citygate. I took it once. It only takes 20mins getting there! costs HK$45 per trip per person. Coastal Skyline / Seaview Crescent /La Rossa will be idea for rent as it's right next to the pick up point.

"I would like to know if is easy to buy a car in HK and use it to go to Shenzhen."

NO, it is quite difficult and extremely expensive. also, unless you had a driver to drive you there, i would not even contemplate it... the drivers in hk are terrible, but china is a whole other kettle of fish!