Needing help with HK salary!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

And P.S considering I am living two footsteps away from the beach and have food provided it isn't too bad I don't think. Medical insurance is included, a membership to a really nice health club (I just found out this info).... 7k is mine only for fun throughout the week, plus if needed there is always weekend work cheers again

If the family is nice, it may be a very good job. I am assuming you're in Discovery bay which does have a very nice resident's club with lots of facilities. Lots of expat families over there and it's away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Since there are not too many places to spend money over there and you have your most immediate needs covered. You may end up saving most of that 7K especially if you do some tutoring on the side.

Don't count on having a very active social nightlife though because you'll be tied to ferries and things in HK tend to be somewhat late which will probably not match your work/family schedule well.

Still Lantau is slightly less polluted and has lots to offer in terms of outdoor activities on top of the resident's club so you need not be bored.

if it is DB that op will be living in, she could find alot more relevant info here

from my family that lives there, i've heard that taxis will likely be coming through the tunnel to db (near the new plaza/hotel) in the near future, so for night-owls, the ferry may no longer be an issue...

Yes Gill you're right, it is Discovery Bay, the club has lots to do so it should be good. Anyone wanting to join yoga there on Mondays with me, feel free. Thanks for the link Timlip! Does anyone know the water temperature on the beach there??? I'm hoping it's warm...

People swim all year round in HK, the water never gets really cold. The water might be between 17-20 right now and over 25C in the summer. It's barely refreshing at that time. The air temperature in the winter can be a little chilly though...

Most people though will swim between March-April to October

if your employer is paying for a club membership, club siena has an all year indoor pool.

...Minet...all of a sudden, $7K doesn't seem so bad...does it..?

...have fun here...

Very true Boro, yee ha can almost feel the sand between my toes It should be a fine amount to enjoy myself and the weekends.

Yes club Siena is the club I'm joining, the website looks nice.. so much to do.. Does anyone go here? If so are the yoga classes good?

I dont understand why dont you want to be a full time teacher in one of the schools or playgroups ? you get much more paid and could afford to rent out your own place. pluss the place you work could sponsor you with a visa so you will not be working here illegally?
    Thats what my friend from australia did

with that club membership you are also a member of the residents' club. it, too has a pool/gym etc.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast