Job Market

Closed Thread

Job Market

Hi,

I'm thinking about moving to HK at the end of Jan 2010 and was wondering if anyone can provide some insights into the job market there. I do not have a work visa but I do have enough points to qualify for the HK Skilled Immigration work permit. I am interested in jobs within capital markets. I do have capital markets experience, MBA and CFA.

Can any provide some insights on my situation? Also would like to know about timing. Chinese New Years is approaching and bonuses are being handed out. How do these two factors play into finding jobs?

Thanks.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

If you mean the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS), you should be aware that just because you have the points, you are not automatically "in". There are procedures, interviews, selection exercises, etc. And no guarantee of success.

People tend to look after CNY, but that will depend on how the economy is doing and what the job market is like.

agree with claire ex-ax, there is no guarantee of success. it's probably best to think about the visa now. plan well before u pack the luggage

about the job market, you are right that bonus are paid out around that time and some people will quit (few of my friends are planning). but pls also bear in mind that there are still lots of people floating in the job market, some having good resume.
    and the chinese new year is in mid-feb..so quite a number of people are still out/in holiday mood. It is good if you contact those recruitment agencies now/before u actual coming over.

N
    Welcome to HK