Like Tree5Likes

watch out this moving company in the US

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

watch out this moving company in the US

I moved from NY to HK in Jan 2010. Arranged to have my stuffs packed and moved with this company called International Sea & Air Shipping.
    My experience cannot be worse and I still yet to receive my stuffs that being picked up on Jan 13, 2010 (7 weeks ago).
    First, they came to picked up on a wrong date - 2 days before scheduled. Then when they came back for packing on the right date, they were almost 5 hours late. They couldn't move my boxes at the end because they used that morning for another job and the half filled small van couldn't manage to fit all my stuffs in.
    I had to cancel my flight on the next day in other to let the movers come back to pick the boxes up.
    After they got my boxes, the final quote was much more than other companies (40% higher than Flat Rate Mover with the same door to door service). And yes, because they got my deposit and my boxes, I didn't have other options then.
    2-3 weeks after I left NY, I received no info about my shipment so I wrote to follow up. I was given no info but a request on my passport info for customs clearance. Does it mean that my goods never left the port when they never contacted me for the info they claimed that clearance needed?! Had I never wrote to follow up, would my stuffs just sat in the warehouse for forever?
    They promised the shipment would not take more than 50 days when I scheduled for the service but when I now demand for a reason about the delay or info about my 60 boxes, I never heard from them again.
    Their HK partner, Vanpac GroupAsia, seemed to show effort in finding out the info from the US mover for me at the beginning but I still failed to hear from them in the past 2 days.
    My big presentation yesterday was completely screwed up because my samples never arrive in HK and the shipping companies didn't seem to care at all after the full payment was received.
    If you plan to use International Sea & Air Shipping, think twice.

Did you pay on a credit card? If so then dispute the charge.

nytohk7 likes this.

Why didn't you get a quote BEFORE they came and packed? That might have helped.....

But otherwise, sounds like a poor experience, thanks for the heads up.

Didn't you tell them your stuffs were very importants?

yeah, by cc. true, let me try that!

I got a quote but since it was hard to get a solid quote before things were packed, the estimated volume was very off. ;(

like a hundred times but they didn't bother to reply emails at all.

I had just found out that my 60 boxes are still sitting in the US warehouse of this company, International Sea & Air Shipping. It's been 2 months since they picked up!

Oh dear, you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by nytohk7:
    I had just found out that my 60 boxes are still sitting in the US warehouse of this company, International Sea & Air Shipping. It's been 2 months since they picked up!
    Sorry to hear that. What reason do they give (if any)?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast