what are some categories of expenditures moving from HK to US?
My future employer is expecting me to provide him with a list of moving expenditures that I will potentially incurred so that he can calculate and come up with a moving allowance for me. The more reasonable costs I can come up with, the more moving allowance I can get, so any feedbacks will be appreciated and welcomed!
Some costs I can think of include:
1. 2 Plane ticket (for myself, and for my mom who will accompany me to HK to help me settle in HK)
2. Possibly getting a moving company (but I do not have much assets to bring with me to HK)
3. Inability to work (thus, no income) due to the need to arrive in HK 2-3 weeks prior to commencement of job. Do you think they will reimbursement me for this 2-3 weeks worth of salary for the need to arrive in HK earlier to settle things and find a house.
4. Is it a legitimate reason to give and ask the employer to raise the moving allowance to accomondate for the 2 months down payment for renting a apt in HK?
5. please share all your other inputs and other moving costs you can think of!