Like Tree1Likes

Anyone know of any cheap flights to HK from UK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wow, thanks guys....

My local chinatown's travel agent went bust a few years ago so I don't have a local one to see.

Looked at Air New Zealand, if i leave in Sept and come back to UK for xmas (i.e. a return flight) it's 566 altogether but if I get a single to HK for Sept (same date and same flight as the outbound return jouney) it's 679!!!!! It really doesn't make sense!

I also recommend Air New Zealand from Heathrow. The final destination is NZ and they seem to only stop in HK for a quick layover. They have good deals sometimes. I've also had nice flying experiences with them e.g. decent seats and decent grub and entertainment systems that work and have plenty of movies.

If your departing HK with Air New Zealand, remember to be at the airport around 6am as they fly at 8.30am!!

I recently booked a single Cathay flight LHR - HK on a Sat night for about £370. That was only booked about 4 weeks in advance, and wasn't the lowest starting price.

While loitering outside of Flight Centre I noticed they had return flights from £378 and flight +4 nights ****hotel for £575...

Quote Originally Posted by Konijntje:
    While loitering outside of Flight Centre I noticed they had return flights from £378 and flight +4 nights ****hotel for £575...
    They'd probably be the charter flights I mentioned earlier - often come with hotels .. even less leg room that a normal flight and (certainly the one I flew on to Aus) had zero seat recline. Zero! (no button).

(PS - you missing us already? )
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 15-04-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peach_ blossom:
    Wow, thanks guys....

My local chinatown's travel agent went bust a few years ago so I don't have a local one to see.

Looked at Air New Zealand, if i leave in Sept and come back to UK for xmas (i.e. a return flight) it's 566 altogether but if I get a single to HK for Sept (same date and same flight as the outbound return jouney) it's 679!!!!! It really doesn't make sense!
    What date are you looking to travel? I have already indicated that you can get fares for under 400 pounds for a single from London to Hong Kong in September. A quick expedia.co.uk search is all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Bear in mind it's a LONG journey. Nasty airlines with tiny seats are very unpleasant for long journey's! At least decent airlines like AirNZ give you a little legroom and food - they were 475+taxes when I just looked.

EDIT - out of curiousity I looked at Air Asia. 14th Sept is showing 290pounds to KL and about 50 pounds kl to HK. By far the cheapest - wow.

Even better (because there is no chance in hell I'd fly that route in economy even for that price!) was the discovery that they appear to have a half-decent biz class product for less than 600 pounds - now THAT is worth knowing!
    I'm planning a trip HK > France > UK > HK. Turns out it's cheaper for me to fly the return leg business from UK to KL to HK than it would be to fly direct from UK to HK cattle. Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    What date are you looking to travel? I have already indicated that you can get fares for under 400 pounds for a single from London to Hong Kong in September. A quick expedia.co.uk search is all it takes.
    thanks. when i did expedia it came up with some obscure airlines, e.g. united emirates which i think some people don't recommend

looking at cathay pacific, i can find a single to HK for £368!!! yippeee! looking to book at the end of the month (when i get paid lol).... step 1 of the HK Dream!

thanks for your help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by peach_ blossom:
    when i did expedia it came up with some obscure airlines, e.g. united emirates which i think some people don't recommend
    Ah. Well, you didn't say you were choosy.

I'm surprised when people say they want cheap flights but then won't consider any route that involves a stopover or is on an airline they don't know about.

I've flown Emirates many times, it's fine.
    Last edited by bookblogger; 19-04-2010 at 02:31 AM.