How to get into HK? Dependant or work. HELP!

Unhappy How to get into HK? Dependant or work. HELP!

Hi

I am looking to move to HK to live with my boyfriend who is employed by a company there. I don't know where I would stand for getting a dependants pass as we aren't married, plus I already have a daughter.. so complicated! Do I need to prove the relationship is long term and how do you do that, and would my daughter then get a d pass as well?
    Is is likely that I would be able to find a job that would give me the minimum money required for a work visa but without full time hours? I have had about 8 years experience in the advertising industy and would like to get back into that line of work.

Any help on ANY of the above would be really appreciated as I do not know where to start and there is so much legal jargon around it all my head is spinning!

Thanks

>> long term relationship

This is not an issue with HK Immigration. They do not recognise common-law type marraiges. You're either married or you're not. Dependant visas are given only to married dependants. This is in line with immigration laws in most countries.

>> Daughter getting dependant visa.

If you're married your daugther is also a dependant of your husband.

>> Getting a job with minimum pay.

Not going to be possible to get a work visa based on that. You really have to prove that you have skills. Your employer will have to document that they could not find a suitable candidate locally and your pay will have to be in line with local payscales for that type of a job.

Wasn't sure about the married bit. But I found this bit on the offical site:

40._ An application for entry to take up residence as a dependant may be favourably considered if:
    a. there is reasonable proof of a genuine relationship between the applicant and the sponsor;

Reasonable proof didn't sound like a marriage certificate was 100% neccessary and I'm sure when i made an enquiry before they said that they look at every case... but maybe I am barking well up the wrong tree.
    But thanks..

Could be worth a try. Have you tried emailing them and asking the question?

Emigra

hello

How long have you been together?

We have known each other for 7 years, and have been together on and off for this length of time.

I have, although been married to someone else during this time and am seperated now (waiting to get a divorce). I don't know if this fact goes against me, but I have been back with him for the last year.

I don't know how it can be proved that you have a history with someone, but it is certainly a genuine relationship!

Thanks for any help.

The immigration accepts proof of history together in terms of:
    - correspondence to each other over the years (letters, postcards)
    - pictures taken together (must have date stamp)
    - bills/accounts/statements with both names on it

Hope this helps you out a bit!

Thanks for the info, it gives me some hope! Though with email and mobiles and the internet taking the place of old fashioned letters, it makes it a bit more of a challenege to find proof.. especially with a man who's not so hot on the written word! I guess as long as the HK govt don't think you're going to be a burden on them, it makes no difference really if they let the odd girlfriend in, who after all do spend more money in their shops than the men!