non-expat wants to live in hongkong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

non-expat wants to live in hongkong

Hi there,

I have some questions regarding relocation to Hongkong.

I am from Singapore and wish to stay in Hongkong when I retire.

Whenever people talk about emmigration, they usually refer to professionals , business people, expats,etc....

But I am none of those!

I am just a single person, not married, not a professional and not into business whatsoever, but i want to live in a foreign country of my choice....

Can anyone provide some valuable advice as to how i can relocate to Hongkong, guess I am gonna be lonely when I get there, I really need advice...

Thanks!!

Last edited by eliz; 26-11-2003 at 09:01 PM.

As far as I know you can either buy a HK residentship at 6.5 million HKD, or marry to one of the desperate HK women who has lost their game with those charmings from the North.

why would anyone want to retire in HongKong??????????? i mean it's a great place for young ppl and professionals for work, but whats here that's good for a retiree?? very surprised

hi,
    You would need to secure an Investment visa (seven million for 7 years) after which you will be granted permanent residency

good luck

hi eliz,

i am a singaporean and going to hongkong to work pretty soon once my visa is approved. will be working in hongkong permanently.

r u still in singapore? where about do u stay?

i'm surprised too that u would want to live in hongkong once u retire. if u're still in singapore, do u wanna meet up and get to know each other before we leave for hongkong?

deleteduser

HK would make a good retirement living place if you plan on traveling a lot. Or if you just love the city

Quote Originally Posted by webdog:
    As far as I know you can either buy a HK residentship at 6.5 million HKD, or marry to one of the desperate HK women who has lost their game with those charmings from the North.
    Ha...How do you know that eliz is a guy?

Anyway Eliz its your personal choice to retire in whatever place you prefer.

I guess he has retired already.. It has been some time already since the original post.

Just to let you know, Hong Kong was recently voted the most popular place for people to retire. It is surprising to me too!

Voted by whom? And out of how many other choices?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast