Like Tree1Likes

Things to bring from India

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    That's strange. I regularly bring food into HK from Philippines and from NZ and Australia - lactose free milk, bread flour, rice, all sorts of stuff really depending on what I found in the stores including jars of sauce so why would they confiscate pickles? Or do you mean they leaked?
    oops, sorry, so annoyed at my lack of words sometimes. yes, i meant leaked. sorry lah.

Ive brought sausages and stinky Stilton from Europe, doubt they care about some pickles! Not that I've ever been searched mind you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

used to happen with me too!
    but i put them into thick polybags and seal them with a sealing machine.. it works fine.
    no more leaks..

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    they wont say anything till its in your checked in bag.

I have tried carrying some home made pickle before, but no matter how tightly i close the container and then put it in no matter how many polybags, oil always comes out. So now I have stopped bringing it.
    mercury_element likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Ive brought sausages and stinky Stilton from Europe, doubt they care about some pickles! Not that I've ever been searched mind you.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    It probably has as much to do with WHERE the food is brought in from ad WHAT the food is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

pressure cooker

Hi,

Is it possible that I can get a pressure cooker in the HK? Like the ones we use back home in India.

If yes , what would be the cost (range)?

Cheers,
    Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by luckyirevna:
    Hi,

Is it possible that I can get a pressure cooker in the HK? Like the ones we use back home in India.

If yes , what would be the cost (range)?

Cheers,
    Lucky
    HK$300-500

Thanks all

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5