Like Tree25Likes

Sold my house and moving to Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Sold my house and moving to Hong Kong

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I have made the jump, I have sold my house, in the process of selling all of my "stuff" and am moving to Hong Kong in early to middle July.

Just wanted to say HI, and introduce myself.

Also what is the most economical way of shipping a small amount of items to HK? I will be shipping from Dallas and dont really care how long it will take. Just a few items that I know that I will need in a few months once the weather changes and I get permanently situated.

Also can you recommend good connections for an IT PMP (project manager)?

thanks again, and look forward to becoming a contributing member of this forum.

JaredHK likes this.

Ummm you've sold your house and moving to HK with no job to go to?

I assume you don't have any sort of 'visa' to live in HK legally? Because you can't just roll up and expect to reside here on a tourist visa whilst looking for work as thats illegal.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

jimbo, don't be so hasty. The OP could be a PR or married to a suitably monied one.

How much stuff are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I assume you don't have any sort of 'visa' to live in HK legally? Because you can't just roll up and expect to reside here on a tourist visa whilst looking for work as thats illegal.
    It's fine to enter Hong Kong on a visitor visa and look for work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    It's fine to enter Hong Kong on a visitor visa and look for work anyway.
    As long as you don't tell immigration that.

They deem it as 'illegal'

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

He's going to be "permanently situated" so doesn't that kind of suggests he's a PR?

Jim, I didn't know that there was an immigration law that said that. Could you point me to the relevant article and section please.

I would appreciate it.

Regarding the job, I know that I will be able to find what I want. There is also the possibility of me starting a sports instruction business there as well. I do have other talents besides Project Management, but that is the direction that I would like to pursue first.

Thanks for trying to keep me on the right side of the law

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Ummm you've sold your house and moving to HK with no job to go to?

Will try and find it, PDLM will have the link for sure as he's posted it before.

I have had conversations before with people from immigration at Wanchai who have said its 'strictly forbidden' to look for work whilst on a tourist visa.

I'm curious. What kind of IT project management job is in such high demand that gives you so much confidence to easily pack up, move countries, and find a job just like that?

Do you have connections to HK? Or what is it that drove you to the decision to come out here?

I also dont understand where you say "I know that I will be able to find what I want", but then you are asking us strangers on the internet if we know any IT connections. Those two sentences side by side just dont make much sense to me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast