Share Flat in HK

Closed Thread

Unhappy Share Flat in HK

Hi everyone!
    I'm Aki and going to HK the end of this month for internship.
    First 2 weeks, I'll stay at hotel (already booked). Howeve, I need to find share flat for my another 5 months staying in HK
    Please somebody answer my questions about share flat!

(1)Do you think 2 weeks are enough time to find flat share?

(2)Is share flat common in HK?
    My HK friends said that "share isn't common, I've never seen and you can't find it!" I also show him some site like...."Easy Room Mate HK" "Geo expad" and "Gum tree HK". However he just said I had not to trust. He recommended to me to rent an apartment by my self... but almost contract are from 1 year.
    I think he just dosen't know, because he is a local....
    He just made me so anxious ;(

Is share flat common???

Thank you for your assistance.

Aki

1) 2 weeks may be tight, but you never know you may get lucky. There are plenty of online ads as well as ads in local magazines (HK Magazine) advertising for flat shares.

2) I know that it used to be very common (both myself and my wife shared flats) back 10 years ago. Looking around the ads, there still seems to be plenty of ads and flats. Just get here and start looking.

HC

1.) 2 weeks are tight but sometimes you never know, you could search from this site which i find there are a lot of share flats available in HK side.

2.) Share flat is uncommon in HK & leasing terms in HK is usually 1 year fixed unless you bargain with them but then you have to pay a little bit highter.

I have been searching for the same in the past 1 month, let me know your budget to see if I could give you any further advice.