Law School Info. Please Help!!!

Law School Info. Please Help!!!

Hi, can someone please help me on the following information.

I just got accepted to the Juris Doctor program at City Univeristy of Hong Kong. I am also waiting for the Chinese Univeristy of Hong Kong's reply on the same program.

My question is. Can someone please tell me how the reputation for the LAW SCHOOl programe is for City U.

Can you find a job if you graduate from there law school cause I have heard that many say its not that great of a school.

PLEASE HELP.

thanks,
    Kevin

Depends on what you will be doing with the degree.

Only reason to go to university for anthing these days is if you need it to join a profession:

Lawyers must study law - otherwise cant practise law.

Doctors must study medicine - otherwise cant practise medicine.

Compare:

Hairdressers need not study hairdressing to be a hairdresser, same goes with about 1,000,000 other occupations.

Where do you want to practice?

If you want to practice in a state in Australia, USA or HK - you have to make sure that the professional body, eg New South Wales Law Society or New York Board of Law Examiners will let you get admitted with a degree from that university.

That's probably a more important question than whether it's a good uni - every uni has its specialties - it's what you need to do with the degree that matters.

Good luck.

thanks Gregory,

I am interested in basically practicing corporate law in HK or China after my PCLL. But my main concern is that the law firms may look at City U differently then HKU.

What is your opinion on it?