City University Law School - Advice PLEASEE!!!!!

City University Law School - Advice PLEASEE!!!!!

Hi, can someone please help me on the following information.

I just got accepted to the Juris Doctor program at City Univeristy of Hong Kong. I am also waiting for the Chinese Univeristy of Hong Kong's reply on the same program.

My question is. Can someone please tell me how the reputation for the LAW SCHOOl programe is for City U.

Can you find a job if you graduate from their law school cause I have heard that many say its not that great of a school.

PLEASE HELP.

thanks,
    Kevin

ChineseU v CityU

I graduated from CityU (School of Law-LLM programme) last year so my memories are still fresh. To be honest, I was very disappointed with their LLM programme. Quite expensive for what you get in exchange.Most of the professors were from Mainland China, their English was very poor and the teaching level was very low. If you can choose between CityU and Chinese U, I think Chinese U is far much better than CityU.

Good luck,

J

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have already chosen Chinese U. I will be arriving to HK on July 6th. Are you living in HK at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin314:
    Hi Jeanne,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have already chosen Chinese U. I will be arriving to HK on July 6th. Are you living in HK at the moment?
    Good choice. CityU is actually not a good place for doctoral/postgraduate programmes in general.
    Last edited by geo-seb; 05-07-2006 at 11:07 AM.