Which International School is good in Shekou?

Closed Thread

Question Which International School is good in Shekou?

Hi,

We just moved from Sydney to Shekou. I'm looking for a school for my 2 children. Someone told me SIS and QSI are the 2 good ones. But which is better? Need advise urgently! Thank you!

Hi,

I taught at the International school of Sino-Canada last year. It's not in Shekou, but is in Nanshan, just down the street, really. It's a good school, and I know the kids like it, but I think QSI and SIS are better equipped with books and other resources. Although, ISSC's campus is quite big with lots of room for the kids to run around. In any event, I think the quality of teaching is the same at all schools, considering that the teachers are all certified teachers from western countries.

QSI is in an office building of sorts. I thought that was kind of strange, but another teacher I know who visited QSI said they are stocked to the max with great resources.

SIS is located in Jingshan villas and has more of a campus. There is also access to a swimming pool I believe.

I think you'll be satisfied with either school QSI or SIS. They both have good reputations. I do think that QSI has a bit of a christian flavour to it. I'm not sure if this matters to you or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, if you have any more questions. Just post them here and I'll see if I can help you out. If you want me to recommend a school, I'd go with SIS because it has a campus. But I think QSI would be a good choice as well.

Last edited by Laowai79; 07-07-2006 at 09:11 AM.

Piano Tutor in Shekou?

Hi,

Thank you Laowai79! I'm also looking for a piano tutor for my children. Does anyone know any? I prefer someone who can come to our place to teach as we don't have a car. We live in Shekou near Sea World. Thanks!

Back to this one...we're looking at moving to Shekou area. Have looked at schools online, and plan to visit as well. Right now our son is in ESF school in HK so the prices are not too bad.

We're looking for something in the similar price range as ESF in HK (4500 HKD month) and the International school of Sino-Canada seems to be in the price range.

Any other comments on this school? Is it really far from Shekou? Are buses provided (distance?)? Is the big difference in the quality of education between ISSC and SIS or QSI?

We have a 2 year old daughter who is in Mandarin/English pre-school, so any thoughts on good Mandarin pre-schools?

Thanks!

Any update on the International schools in Shenzhen ? Not sure I read right, especially about the Sino American school because it seems to me it's 3 times more expensive than the QSI (6400usd per year for kindergarten, only a couple of hundreds for registration fee). I would apreciate saving 30000+ usd a year on education for the two kids but don't want them to end up with a lower end schooling. Any more feedback on those schools ?

Thanks

I went to Canadian International. CIS has the best reputation in HK.

Sorry but do you mean the "ISSC has the best reputation in HK ? " ie the international school of sino Canada ? or which school, as there doesn't seem to be any international school named CIS in Shenzhen ?