Best school for Mandarin Classes?

Question Best school for Mandarin Classes?

With all the choices of schools to take Mandarin, I'm looking for feedback from anyone who's taken it here and whether they liked the school or not?

I definitely want to do a group class setting, in the evening, and price matters.

Thanks for your help.

hi chicago girl! i'm signing up for a mandarin course in 'talking mandarin'... i got the mondays/wednesdays schedule. if you can wait a little longer, i will give you feedback on their teaching methods. i'll be starting on monday.

Hi Chicago Girl, for mandarin school, there are plenty of choices, some schools are good in reputation, but you have to find out who will be your teacher in the class, since good school doesn't mean good teacher, other than formal mandarin class, you may try to find some mandarin friends here to keep practicing the language, and its free!

Smile Thanks for the help

Yes, please keep me posted on "Talking Mandarin." I wanted to sign up at this school called EDC but I have to pay for 15 classes up front and if you miss one, you miss one...you don't get any make-up classes, which would be fine except I plan to go home for the month of December and I really don't want to miss 4 classes in a row.

At this time, I haven't made any friends that speak Mandarin, but I plan to keep going to the Meet & Greet events in hopes that I do.

Thanks for your help and keep me posted on that Talking Mandarin class!

Any updates on good classes as I would also be interested in taking mandarin classes. thanks

ok... yesterday was my first class. the teacher was great as she took her time to straighten our tongues.. she had to make sure that we got the proper pronounciation and intonation..

chicago girl: talking mandarin is similar to the other language centers where they ask you to pay for the whole sessions. and when you miss one class, you really miss that class. i'm taking a group class.. and surprisingly, there were only two students in that group class. so it'll be easier for us to learn. i don't know how the process goes if you are taking a private class though... if you want to enroll on classes, maybe you could ask them who were their previous clients. in that way, you can ensure their credibility.

Do NOT take classes at a place called Practical Mandarin! I didn't sign up with them but did call for info. They are so pushy and when I finally decided to go with Berlitz and told them, they accused me of being an undercover competitor trying to get their prices! Crazy!

Berlitz is nice, but I think it really depends on which instructor you get.