Pre-Schools in Sai Kung

Closed Thread

Pre-Schools in Sai Kung

My young family will be moving to Sai Kung in the next few weeks and I would like to know which schools in and around the SK area come highly recommended and which ones are to be avoided?

you can find:
    abacus (ESF~ clearwater bay road)
    woodlands~ marina cove
    sai kung lok yuk kindergarten~ local, on main road, my two kids love it there, local- cantonese instruction, but LOTS of expat kids~ if you have the gov't voucher, it's free for a 1/2 day kindie.
    Leapfrog (ESF~ SK country park)
    New Song~ off of Tsz wo(?) road
    there are a couple more local ones around, i just can't remember the names...
    there is one above the small carpark behind pepperoni's pizza...

forgot SKIP: SK international pre-school.... hear it's difficult to get in, though.

Thanks a lot for this. How do we get into the local scene? I have two young boys. 2.5 years and 7 months.

around january-march next year, you can apply with the gov't (check the EDB website under pre-primary school voucher scheme). it took them about 3 weeks to send us our certificate. you then phone/visit schools that take part in the scheme. they must teach a local curriculum and not charge more than $X/annum. some schools charge the max that they are allowed to, but the one my kids attend do not. they are a non-profit church-run kindergarten. as i said, they are used to having expat kids and do make an effort to welcome all. notices are sent home in english or chinese, according to your preference.

there are a few of us on here who send our kids to this school....jaykay and another one, just can't remember who it was....