Can help?! Thanks!

Closed Thread

Question Can help?! Thanks!

I'm local girl here in Hong Kong. I wanna practice English and make more friends from other countries through GEOexpat. In my personal experience, it's quite a bit hard to train up "good" English in Hong Kong unless you have some native English speakers as your friends or you are studying in international school or working with some native English speakers.

Being an elder sister, I want to help my cousins a bit. I have 4 younger cousins aged from 8 to 13. They are studying in Chinese-speaking schools. Though they wanna practice English in daily life, they fail to find some effective channels to do so. So, I'd like to know ...are there any GEO members or your friends/relatives are around that ages who wanna make friends with HK local kids? I've been tried to find any possible ways but still failed. I'd be more than happy if you can provide me with any information or help!!

Thanks a lot!

Hi Vivian,

Just thinking of a way for your cousins to improve would be to find an international school students to help tutor or come to your house to practise conversational english. They're relatively cheap (as they are still studying) and often a friendship develops.

I taught part-time while i was at school and i still see my ex-students and even help them with their school work still.

You can always put a post up here advertising or based on where you live place students often put ads up in wellcome or park n shop.

Jen

Practise oral English

Hi,

Saw your post and not sure if you yourself want to improve your oral English as I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to help your cousins as I'm not currently in HK. Anyway, here's some info about me...

I’m a female native speaker from UK with a TEFL certificate. I used to be a full-time English teacher in Hong Kong but now in Beijing until next year. Before that, I worked and lived in London.

I’m offering students to practise their oral English with me over the phone or internet. Currently, I teach English on a private basis so I already have some local students from Beijing. My main focus is to help you to improve pronunciation, vocabulary, confidence and communicative competence.

If you are interested in knowing more about speaking English over the phone or internet, then please email me and we can discuss more...

(Please do not reply to this thread as I don’t come to this forum very regularly. Email me directly instead)

Email: [email protected]

Hi Vivi

I am currently training to become an English tutor, I can help you improve your English for a very cheap price of 30HKD per hour. We can speak on the phone or over a cup of coffee. If you are interested, please send me a message.

Thanks
    Tony