Typing schools

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Typing schools

I'm Looking for a tutorial center/school to teach typing in english. This would be for a teenager. Would prefer a location in/around WanChai / CWB / TinHau.

Anyone have recommendations?

HC

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It's the kind of thing Sara Beattie used to teach.

We tried the online route, but for this teenager its just not working. She is regularly getting distracted at home and never spending good quality time with the tutorials.

I thought a more structured classroom setting would be an avenue to try.

HC

I'd be pretty amazed to find dedicated physical typing schools this day and age!

If she's being distracted at home, and assuming that the distractions are online, you could try disconnecting the internet for the duration of PC-based typing lessons.

u'll need to find a type writer first

Original Post Deleted
    I did my typing school in the 80s :-)
    I wouldnt have thought this was a difficult thing these days, but I cant find any so far.

We tried 1/2 dozen different online ones, but after a short while they get boring. If there was something a bit more fun...

Anyway, the search goes on.

HC

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I wouldnt have thought this was a difficult thing these days, but I cant find any so far.

We tried 1/2 dozen different online ones, but after a short while they get boring. If there was something a bit more fun...

HC
    Sara Beattie grad from 1980 here I understand what you're looking for HC, a true touch-keyboarding tutorial with classrooom environment. But there's nothing fun about learning touch-keyboarding, it's just a long, hard slog. But boy it has paid off so I do understand why you're putting a vlaue on this, it's so much faster than the hunt-and-peck or three-finger keyboarding skills so many people have.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Fiona, I mentioned Sara Beattie earlier but I cannot see anything on its website. I seem to remember there were a number of evening classes. Do you know whether this has stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:

HC
    I have seen the online ones, and while they will do the job, I agree with you that they are boring. But then again, I remember when I learnt to type - on a old manual typewriter - it was boring.

I can quite honestly say that it is definitely one of the most useful skills I came away with from junior secondary school. Being able to touch-type quickly and correctly has made my life infinitely easier.

Maybe you need to give her a financial incentive. Ora reward based on a new mobile phone and access to it.

Good Luck.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast