Study group for GMAT

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Smile Score

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    so what is the GMAT level u guys are targetting to get into those courses and schools ?
    The top schools in the US are around an average of 720. For the state universities I would be most interested in attending the score I need is more like a 650.

Kris

even for phd ? hmmm...
    i'd think they require much higher.

Hey...I could be off a bit on this but the max score is an 800 so I wouldn't think so...and I'm assuming my GPA will help too.

This is the info from the University of Texas PhD program:

"This is a difficult question to answer, because the accounting Ph.D. program does not impose any GMAT cutoff score as a minimum threshold. We consider the GMAT only in the context of a holistic review of all criteria, including the applicant's academic, practical, and socio-economic background. As practical guidance, however, most successful applicants score above 650 on the GMAT..."

Does anyone know of a publication that ranks these programs that includes the ave GMAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris18:
    This is the info from the University of Texas PhD program:

"This is a difficult question to answer, because the accounting Ph.D. program does not impose any GMAT cutoff score as a minimum threshold. We consider the GMAT only in the context of a holistic review of all criteria, including the applicant's academic, practical, and socio-economic background. As practical guidance, however, most successful applicants score above 650 on the GMAT..."

Does anyone know of a publication that ranks these programs that includes the ave GMAT?
    looks we are going off the track here as the thread was started to form a GMAT study group.

But still, i really apppreciate the info shared by you as it is very useful. keep going.

that's what i tot.
    actually for PHD, if you can convince the professor to take you in, there should not be any requirement of GMAT.

GMAT is only used when the administrator needs an excuse to take in or reject a person. or unless one has an incredibly high GMAT score that they can use to pull up the average score in a class full of exam-idiotic CEOs 8-P

that's what i tot.
    actually for PHD, if you can convince the professor to take you in, there should not be any requirement of GMAT.

GMAT is only used when the administrator needs an excuse to take in or reject a person. or unless one has an incredibly high GMAT score that they can use to pull up the average score in a class full of exam-idiotic CEOs 8-P
    good point freeier. this means we cant take the ave GMAT score as the indicator of the score needed for admission in that college.

yap. essentially pointless. unless you have a scored of 760 or 780, then u stand a good chance of getting into the decent schools even if you do not yet have the sterling work experience.

Smile Gmat

yap. essentially pointless. unless you have a scored of 760 or 780, then u stand a good chance of getting into the decent schools even if you do not yet have the sterling work experience.
    True. But even with work experience and a very competitive GPA I feel like a better GMAT score can't hurt. Many of the state schools in the US still use a formula combining your GMAT and GPA to determine how competitive you are. Also, when you are looking at programs accepting less than 5 students a year you have to be as competitive as possible.

OK now...back to the point of this thread...when you you guys want to get together to share materials and study?

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Kris18:
    True. But even with work experience and a very competitive GPA I feel like a better GMAT score can't hurt. Many of the state schools in the US still use a formula combining your GMAT and GPA to determine how competitive you are. Also, when you are looking at programs accepting less than 5 students a year you have to be as competitive as possible.

OK now...back to the point of this thread...when you you guys want to get together to share materials and study?

Kris
    Right kris. each and every thing counts when it comes to admissions ..