Suggestions please: Greenfield Kindergarten or Sunshine House

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Suggestions please: Greenfield Kindergarten or Sunshine House

JUst moved into T,Chung. Thoroughly confused between Greenfield Kindergarten and Sunshine House in Tung Chung for my 3 yr old . We live in Caribbean coast.

Can any parent suggest which one is better?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers..Ashzz

Have you spoken with the supervisor/ teachers there? Try and speak with the class teacher if you can and see which one you feel is "right" for your child. The teacher is the most important factor in my opinion at this stage in their schooling.

Other things to consider.

Sunshine runs on an international school calendar - with half terms, 10 months of teaching etc. Greenfield is on a local school calendar. Fee per month may be cheaper, but you'll be paying for 12 mths instead of 10. It's a local school with an international class - am not sayimg that is necessarily a bad thing though.

Greenfield has a ton of uniform items to purchase, whilst Sunshine is relatively straightforward - but both not cheap.

Class sizes - 24 kids vs 10-15 kids. Sunshine will move your kids up to a higher class if they feel he/ she is ready or age appropriate for it.

FYI, I had a daughter at GF but chose to put my younger son in Sunshine.

thank you so much for your info. I thought of Sunshine house too as compared to Greenfield. We just moved in less than a week ago in Caribbean Coast and in the middle of setting up the apt and no access to Internet from home yet. Would appreciate if you are open to receiving a tel call from my wife as she would like to hear a bit more from a parent's perspective. Many thanks.

I recommend DMK over Sunshine House.

nothing to choose between two. As you are in CC - you should go for GF.

Thanks HK_0r_not & PKS_2000. After a bit of research around admitted my daughter in GF and find it good and convenient too .

Quote Originally Posted by ashzz:
    Thanks HK_0r_not & PKS_2000. After a bit of research around admitted my daughter in GF and find it good and convenient too .
    Hi Ashzz, I guess your kid is still going to GF, how is it? My son is going to WL in Midlevels now, but I am plannig to move to Tung Chung by Sep this year. He will turn 3 yrs by Sep, what do you suggest, we are happy with WL currently, i am plannig for CC for the apartments, suggestion is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Cheers, Sudhi!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhi:
    Hi Ashzz, I guess your kid is still going to GF, how is it? My son is going to WL in Midlevels now, but I am plannig to move to Tung Chung by Sep this year. He will turn 3 yrs by Sep, what do you suggest, we are happy with WL currently, i am plannig for CC for the apartments, suggestion is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Cheers, Sudhi!
    Hi Sudhi .. GF was a good foundation for the kid for a year after which we had haunting thoughts of running helter skelter for seats for P1 . So we moved from GF after 1 yr and enrolled in LIS ( which guarantees a Primary seat). Not one of the best but cannot complain..!

Hi Ashzz, thanks for your quick response. Regards, Sudhi.

Quote Originally Posted by ashzz:
    Hi Sudhi .. GF was a good foundation for the kid for a year after which we had haunting thoughts of running helter skelter for seats for P1 . So we moved from GF after 1 yr and enrolled in LIS ( which guarantees a Primary seat). Not one of the best but cannot complain..!
    Please let me know more about where you moved form GF ?? Does LIS have K1 / K2 - kindergarten ?

Who guarantees a primary seat in LIS ??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast