Like Tree8Likes

PGDE at HKU - Dependent Visa - Local or Not?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So I assume that we do not have 100% conclusion on this? My next question would be, what are the chances that you can rely 100% on the staff that answers the phone at the HKU admissions office?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzilla:
    So I assume that we do not have 100% conclusion on this? My next question would be, what are the chances that you can rely 100% on the staff that answers the phone at the HKU admissions office?
    It might depend whether they need your money more (so they charge you non local fees), or whether they need more fluent English speakers to improve the student mix (so you are charged local fees). Ask the course leaders.

I'm pretty confident that the answer is that you're Local (on the grounds that you're not entering HK on a Study Visa for the purposes of this course).

Rayzilla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    It might depend whether they need your money more (so they charge you non local fees), or whether they need more fluent English speakers to improve the student mix (so you are charged local fees). Ask the course leaders.
    I hear what you are saying here. That would be a purely business run model. I hope that is not the way that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I'm pretty confident that the answer is that you're Local (on the grounds that you're not entering HK on a Study Visa for the purposes of this course).
    PDLM, I am also heavily 'Li Ning' towards that conclusion as well.

Thanks!