Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ychia76

Speech Therapist

Closed Thread

Speech Therapist

Wondering if anyone had a speech therapist they could recommend. We are living in Sai Kung but happy to travel to Central. We have just moved from Australia and would like to continue with our sons therapy

I just recently had my son evaluated for speech therapy based on his teacher's recommendation. We have noticed that there is definitely an issue but we were hoping he would outgrow it. He just turned five. His school recommended Melinda Sturges - she is located in Central. Her office number is 2521-4668. Good luck.

Thank you so much for this I will be sure to give her a call. I am hoping my son will grow out of his as well but I did like the guidance I was given. We have not started preschool yet so I am imagining he will get his confidence back once we start

You could also try HKU. I've been bringing my son there since he was 3.5 years old.

Speech Therapy Clinic

You can try Zoe Deane at SL Centre. Here's the website: The Speech and Language Centre. I have worked with her a lot and the families love her.

I am posting this info for reference for anyone who needs this info. I have been looking for a speech therapist for my son in Hong Kong and I finally found one. She conducts in American English.
    My son has been in speech therapy since 3.5 years and now 5 ... we have seen vast improvements going twice a week. I have only emailed Goldie and my son's speech therapist spoke to her and was pleased we found a great speech therapist. My son will be starting in July.

Her info:
    Goldie Wong, M.S. CCC-SLP
    Hong Kong Office: Rehabilitation Consultants

-852 28506276
    Macau Office: Southside Medical Centre
    -853 28322283

Yvonne =)

Last edited by ychia76; 07-05-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Hello. I am a speech pathologist new to Hong Kong. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by nicNYC:
    Hello. I am a speech pathologist new to Hong Kong. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.
    i'm having excessive salvia sound whenever I speak. I have trouble pronouncing S . So you think I have a need to look for an speech pathologist ?

Hi Gwen,

My two cent, since I do not know your background ... But I would check with ENT first for your excessive salvia and also dental. If you have already done that do you have low oral muscle tone? Or for example eating problems also? As in cannot eat anything hard or chewing problems cause of jaw muscles.

I work with speech therapist and occupational therapist. If you like to continue the conversation I will be glad to help.

Yvonne

Beuze likes this.