HK College Admissions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

They can do internships, with some restrictions, as detailed at the link I gave above.

Quote Originally Posted by toata:
    I live in the US but my work wants to send me to HK this summer (they want me there permanently). I was wondering what Hong Kong college admissions based their decisions on. I have slacked off and my grades have fallen here in the US (disqualified this semester ) but problems are over and I am starting to get back in good standing with the school (have to wait till next semester in fall though). Will I have no chance until I can get back into good standing with my school first before trying to get into a HK college? I am looking to study Business and have to start with the beginning courses (major change). My work would like for me to get a student visa at least until they are able to get me a business visa. Do they look at GPA and if so, what are the minimums? I speak and understand some mandarin but will need to take classes when I'm in HK but will being fluent or at least having a intermediate level understanding help me in applying?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    You organization must get you a work visa to work in Hong Kong it seems and that might be tricky given you are not a univ. grad unless you have some terrific skills that locals do not have.

How can you do undergrad courses in HK and work full time? I doubt that will work here from what I am led to believe.

HK does very much restrict u/grads on student visas also.

I see, thank you for your replies. I think it would be best to finish my studies here in the states then.