occupational therapy for Dyspraxia

Closed Thread

occupational therapy for Dyspraxia

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a centre for therapy/learning support for dyspraxia in Shatin/Sai Kung area? Thanks

Perhaps you could contact the ESF Sarah Roe Centre/School in Kowloon for more info?

Smile find a therapist?

Hello,
    I too have a child with dyspraxia and we are coming to hong kong to live. Did you find out anything about a therapist?
    thanks

Hi,

you may want to check out Dorecenter.com.hk. They do offer therapy sessions. I have not moved to HK yet. Sorry, i dont have personal experience in this.

Hi everyone,

I know a few OTs on the Island and I can PM anyone some details. I'm not familiar with any further afield, but I'm sure they'll be out there. I'm in a similar line of work and I travel into schools to see clients. This obviously has to be agreed by the school. You may be able to find an OT that will travel into your child's school. They may charge travel though - best to check. Contact your HK school to see if they have any recommendations or already have a therapist working there.

The HK Association of OTs has a website: www.hkota.org.hk
    I couldn't find a member list but you may like to email them.

Good Luck with the move!

Last edited by goodbye kitty; 19-04-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Hi,
    thanks for the feedback, it has given us a great start from which to enquire. Just have to find a school for him now! Thats proving interesting.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by goodbye kitty:
    Hi everyone,

I know a few OTs on the Island and I can PM anyone some details. I'm not familiar with any further afield, but I'm sure they'll be out there. I'm in a similar line of work and I travel into schools to see clients. This obviously has to be agreed by the school. You may be able to find an OT that will travel into your child's school. They may charge travel though - best to check. Contact your HK school to see if they have any recommendations or already have a therapist working there.

The HK Association of OTs has a website: www.hkota.org.hk
    I couldn't find a member list but you may like to email them.

Good Luck with the move!

Any updated information on therapists ? I'm moving there with a six year old..

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuijote:
    Any updated information on therapists ? I'm moving there with a six year old..
    You can attend a government general outpatient department for referral to OT in a govt hospital for dyspraxia .

Alternatively you may ask for a developmental assessment at a child assessment centre ( one on HK side one on kowloon side ) if the childs motor development disorder has not already been characterised properly