WHere to buy Electronic English/Chinese Dictionary?

Closed Thread

WHere to buy Electronic English/Chinese Dictionary?

Does anyone know where to buy a good user-friendly electronic English/Chinese dictionary. I had one that I bought from Taiwan but the touch lcd on it is dying. It was nice though. Could enter characters for lookup using stylus to draw character, or could use pingin. I believe that one was mainly for a chinese user looking up english. Would be great to find one geared to an English user learning Chinese (i.e. menu is in english).

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!!

What about the ones they have in Fortress?

I have a fairly decent BESTA one which will do Cantonese, Mandarin, English and Japanese. Cost about $1000 from one of the high street electrical chain stores, (can't remember which), prices are pretty standard.

Thanks for the input. Per discobay's advice, I checked out Fortress about 2 seconds ago. THey have some pretty fancy ones. The one i was looking at (MD8280) was about 1900 and has the stylus entry for characters among a multitude of other features.

One thing I noticed was that for all the models there, the C/E and E/C dictionaries were only in traditional (although there was a side function where you could turn a character you new was simplified into traditional and vice versa). Makes sense since the mass market only requires traditional in HK. However it turns out my business chinese course is all in simplifed so I was hoping to find a model where simplified characters were more accessible? Any ideas on where I might be able to find something like that or if something like that exists?

the besta one I have allows input of both, you just need to change a setting to allow input and display of them. I suspect most of them will have something similar as ours certainly wasn't the most expensive.

you just need to ask for a demo.

Yes Fortress'll be the one. They have all the big-name dictionaries there.

questions:

do they use re-chargeable battery?

how many seconds you have to wait from power on to ready to key in words for meaning