Going for exchange in CUHK

Closed Thread

Going for exchange in CUHK

hi there

i will be going for an exchange to CUHk this August (2007) and i was told by my university that i have to make my own accomodation because the campus in CUHK is full.

this is my first time going to hongkong and i do not know how to go about finding off campus accomdation.

i hope that you can assist me in finding an off campus accomodation and where is the best place that i can go about renting that is near the school.

thanks!

hey,
    I'm there in august too, and have no idea how to get anything done either.

are you studying there in the fall? where are you coming from?

I'd suggest to find one or two other people and then share a flat close to the Tai Po/Tai Wo, Ma On Shan, or Sha Tin/Tai Wai KCR stations.

For the first days/weeks, you could stay in one of the low budget hostels like the Scandinavian-run Ascension House in Sha Tin: http://www.achouse.com/achouse/Home.html

Last edited by geo-seb; 10-04-2007 at 02:30 PM.

to tennisfiend:
    hi ya! i will be studying there from august to dec. i am from singapore. and you?
    are you staying in the campus or finding off campus one?

Last edited by germaine; 11-04-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geo-seb:
    I'd suggest to find one or two other people and then share a flat close to the Tai Po/Tai Wo, Ma On Shan, or Sha Tin/Tai Wai KCR stations.

For the first days/weeks, you could stay in one of the low budget hostels like the Scandinavian-run Ascension House in Sha Tin: http://www.achouse.com/achouse/Home.html
    thanks alot!!!

Smile Welcome to my place

My hubby has an extra apartment in Kowloon City, it is a old building but nice and clean. If you are planning to stay a short period, we can put you up for a while.

BR,
    Angie