Education Stipend/Allowance - Pre School?

Closed Thread

Education Stipend/Allowance - Pre School?

If your company provides education reimbursement I am curious to know at what age this is applicable. For us, education is paid from the mandatory age that local children go to school -- I believe for HK this is from Primary School.
    I find this so frustrating since pre-school is so expensive in the area we are living - Repulse Bay - and especially since local families receive a stipend for their children to attend school no matter what the age (if I understand this correctly - correct me if I am wrong).
    Interested in hearing from others pertaining to your situation. Many thanks.

As far as I understand the subsidy for kindergarten's isn't just for local kids.
    Have an application in at the moment.

Kids were born here though and both parents are permanent ID card holders so might be why we are eligible.

Get the forms and try - no harm.

Subsidy for Kindergarten

Thnx PC_Man for this tip. Will get the form and give it a try - would be great. Will report back once we know more.
    thnx again!

Stipend

We got a copy of the application and guidelines. From what I can gather the pre-school stipend is only for local, not-for-profit schools. We will be living in Repulse Bay so were interested in one of the Woodland Pre-Schools so I guess the stipend would not be applicable for us.
    We will still send it in just incase but not putting in much hope.
    Cheers.

Was originally for non-profit only but lots of people complained so changed.

Not sure about local v English-speaking though...

Smile stipend

good to hear - so perhaps we do have a chance. it is a bi-lingual program so maybe that will help. appreciate your inputs pc man!