Private tutors.

Closed Thread

Private tutors.

Do any private tutors here have insurance? If so what company and what do they cover?

What kind of insurance? Public liability insurance? Do you really need it?

No one that I know of does. Can you give us some more information regarding what specific risks you want to insure against?

I want to do small classes in private residences, education centres and schools (I know in the latter I'll be covered by their insurance).

Not sure if I need it. Sort of asking that too. What do others do?

You mean you want coverage against any sort of negligence suit? Firstly, do not assume you would be covered by a school's employee liability insurance. This would depend upon whether you are actually considered an employee of the school. What does your contract say? If you really want the answer to that you will have to ask a lawyer.
    Are you concerned about liability for children under your care getting hurt in an accident? If you take reasonable steps to insure their safety no one can win a suit against you. There is an established duty of care when you are looking after children but to be negligent you would have to be in breach of that duty and your breach of duty would have to be a cause of the accident. Just don't try to incorporate any bare-knuckle boxing into your lessons and you should have nothing to worry about.

Not planning any bare knuckles! Assumed about the schools insurance covering as I have a friend who does lunchtime dance classes and he told me their insurance covers this.
    Sounds like people don't worry too much about it here unless more physical activities ( not my plan!)

Yeah, just don't let the kids fight or shove each other. If they are running in the halls stop them. Make them tie their shoelaces, etcetera. You can't be expected to do more than take the same, common-sense precautions any responsible adult would .

Ok, thanks for the info.