Like Tree2Likes

Cantonese weekend courses

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up

Thanks Janet for sharing the info.

I completely agree with Sampuong...I've heard some pretty bad reviews of the Pacific Language Learning Centre as well. I have been a student at HKLLC and am in the Intermidiate level now and they are not bad and their prices (for group lessons) are some of the lowest I could find. They have a proper systematic way of teaching and do not flood you with too much info at once. Some of the teachers are very dedicated and skilled too.

xx
    Chlo

Quote Originally Posted by sampuong:
    Hi paul,

I have tried Pacific language before, I was also attracted by the low fee, but i was really dispointed by the service, they change me 3 times in 20hours cantonese lesson the teacher... terrible to have a following up.
    I completely advise to not join pacific language...
    Good luck anyway
    Sam

Weekend course at HKCU

I know this is a relatively old threat but I didn't know if it was worth starting a new one.

I called HKCU about weekend courses and was told that currently they didn't have any due to insufficient demand. There may be a course available in the future, I was told, but only after there are enough people to start it.

Is anyone willing to do a Cantonese course in HKCU at weekends?
    I've been searching for a long time and seems like most of the courses are over the week, which is hard for me to make as I am based in Shenzhen and can't travel to HK on weekdays.

I am also looking for weekend courses. I'm in!

Perhaps, if we ask around a bit more, we could find more people to start a class!

Last edited by vikulya; 19-02-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: wrong pronoun

bumpity bump bump!!

i have been looking for some weekend classes as well. can't seem to find very many! they are all full up for the next few weeks/months looks like. has anyone found any good places worth a recommendation?

Has anyone studied at the CLC CUHK? Am thinking of applying for next month.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDium84:
    Has anyone studied at the CLC CUHK? Am thinking of applying for next month.

I have been going for government sponsored Sunday Cantonese classes with ISS. So far liking it!
    Not sure about CLC CUHK, haven't checked it out as I most probably wouldn't be entitled to enrol: I've no HK ID card and am living in the Mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by vikulya:
    I have been going for government sponsored Sunday Cantonese classes with ISS. So far liking it!
    Not sure about CLC CUHK, haven't checked it out as I most probably wouldn't be entitled to enrol: I've no HK ID card and am living in the Mainland.
    Hey, do you know if the Sunday Cantonese classes are still happening and when the classes start throughout the year?

I'm (hopefully) coming to HK for work in July and one of my aims is to pick up some Cantonese, however most of the courses look extremely expensive.

Many thanks!

Hi,

I am also interested, please let me know too